Masks?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Pumpkin Oval Head, May 4, 2020.

1. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    No. Only into the bank! lol

tommymonza and BoostedTeg Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Let's clear up the mask thing. You get the virus from touching things. If you have the virus then wearing it will help prevent the spread of the virus. It will not prevent you from getting the virus unless you wash your hands and sanitize everything you touch. My GF is a nurse that makes house calls, and every night she comes in and strips off and heads right for the shower. The clothes go in the washer. She wears a mask and shield all day long.

austinmike, 201, Jenn72 and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Their wearing them inside their truck and personal vehicles. 100% serious. Full on hazmat suit out of the truck. 70-80% in Newark today only one in the vehicle and still had it on.

nredfor88 Thanks this.
  5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Quite comical. Monkey see monkey do

6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Masks,,,now everybody is a desperado. I wonder if robberies have been on an uptick with all these masks. My daughter, who lives in L.A. wore a mask and sunglasses, showed somebody an ID for something, the clerk didn't even ask her to remove the mask. 1st of all, I don't think masks are REQUIRED, it's more of a gratuity to show, you're willing to do something, even though masks do little. I've never been asked to put a mask on. I keep one with me, and wear it in a store, but not outside. Again, it's all where you live. In a rural setting like mine, and with travel generally frowned upon, our cases are dwindling, or dying, and no new cases. Like above said, it's touch, it's not Saran gas in the air. Now I read, "they" say, a 2nd wave of this crap could emerge, deadlier than this,,,I'm 65, and have had enough of lifes tribulations. It's always been something.This won't affect my life much, but I'm very concerned what our kids will have to face in the future.

MACK E-6 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes crime is up and using masks just make it easier. And foil facial recognzing somewhat.

Arkansas has first church venue services open as of today, performers and speakers stay 12 feet away on stage masks not required. (If pastor wore mask there is no point for me being deaf as thats one of the tools I use. Among other things.)

Family units can stay together but all others 6 feet apart. So if one holds say 200 people you are going to cut that down to about roughly 80 less when you consider every other row of pews or chairs closed.

No sunday school or anything for children. They stay with adults. They likely will be rambunctious because sometimes the sermon is nothing to do with them.

If greeting, take it outside no contact permitted. And then 6 feet apart.

Masks are required.

18 th of this month indoor venues like bowling alleys open up. A lane is closed in between and anyong sitting around watching have to be 12 feet. Otherwise everyone else 6 feet apart.

Outdoor stadiums etc are being worked on. But not as restrictive.

However we are running 3000 dead daily. That may double to 6000 or even 10,000 daily by August in second wave. If so, then all of the above is stopped and back in lockdown we go.

201 Thanks this.
  8. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Think of it this way, until a vaccine is made, widely distributed, and injected into most of the WORLD'S population, new outbreaks of covid will keep happening after quarentines end. Staying home wont kill it off and travellers will transmit it between countries.

Rubber duck kw and 201 Thank this.
  9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Well, hold on now. I read that too, 3,000/day, but we have to remember, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND people die EVERYDAY in the world WITHOUT the virus. That's a staggering number. Now I don't downplay the seriousness of something like this, but who's to say that the media isn't fudging the numbers to emphasize the seriousness. How do we know those people weren't destined to die anyway. Like I say, in my 65 years, it's ALWAYS been something, and our parents and grandparents, look what THEY went through. To be honest, I'm amazed I made it to 65, and parents in their 80's, at all. I'm just saying, this is the 1st, seemingly "internet" illness, and they are whipping it up to a foam.

xsetra Thanks this.
  10. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Since so many people stayed at home, the mortality rate for people driving has dropped drastically. Almost offsets the virus. As you say, if it's not one thing it's another.

TokyoJoe, joshuapowell61 and 201 Thank this.
  11. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    The cities with ports and large airports were hit hardest because of foreigners. This is why Trump shut down visitation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.