Masks?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Pumpkin Oval Head, May 4, 2020.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    "Is COVID-19 more deadly than the flu?

It’s a lot more deadly, concludes a new study by the University of Washington published May 7 in the journal Health Affairs. The study’s results also project a grim future if the U.S. doesn’t put up a strong fight against the spread of the virus.

The national rate of death among people infected with the novel coronavirus — SARS-CoV-2 — that causes COVID-19 and who show symptoms is 1.3%, the study found. The comparable rate of death for the seasonal flu is 0.1%."

FatJoe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    If you are sick they will swab and take a culture so they will know what you have. How have you made it this far in life?

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    1.5% death rate, oooohhh scary, everybody run and hide.

5. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    Why would you run to the hospital to get tested just because you feel a little sick? How have you made it anywhere in life this absolutely terrified of a disease?

TokyoJoe and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    If masks and face shields are the answer, then why are so many Dr's, Nurses and other hospital workers, who are all required to wear a mask all day, and are around people who are wearing masks all day, why are these people getting sick at such a high rate. Among my friends on social media, I'm aware of at least 8 different people, at different hospitals/Dr offices who have contracted it and either been sick at home or been hospitalized.

Further, here's the stupidity of it all. For the last several months, we truckers have been told how important we are, how essential we are. Hmmm, on March 21st I saw my PCP because I was sick, I had every known symptom at the time EXCEPT a fever. My Dr. said, I am 95% certain that this is only your allergies, BUT, I am 5% certain that it is not. I want to get you tested, not to mention, as a truck driver you are an essential worker, so you are in very high contact with others, which makes you a potential carrier without even being sick. The Colorado Dept. of Public Health and Environment 3 times in 10 days reject her request to have me tested. In writing, all three times, they stated: He is not essential enough, and his risk of spreading Covid if he is in fact ill is extremely low, at this time we are only testing "essential" personnel: Dr.s, Nurses, Firefighters, EMS, Law Enforcement, unless he is actually hospitalized, he will have to wait until more tests become available.

The other part of it, my wife's cousin died on March 30th, he spent 5 days in the hospital, over the course of 6 days, he was tested 3 times, and 3 times he tested negative, the final test came 20 hours before he died. At his autopsy performed on April 2nd, he tested positive for Covid, meanwhile, on March 31st, the test performed on March 29th came back negative.

Sorry folks, but I have very little faith in our healthcare system.

As for these companies that are locking us out, banning us from entering without a mask, screw them. I've had several tell me I can't come in, when I ask to use the restroom and am told no, I seek out a tree, shrub, or slip between the truck/trailer and take a leak. If the customer gets mad, oh well.

7. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    This whole masks discussion is the vaccine argument all over again, we're told they protect you against whatever they're for, the minute somebody says they don't like vaccines or at all questions what is in them the fanatics lose their #### saying that person is a danger to the community.

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Antivaxxers are actively hurting people by spreading lies about it and breaking the whole herd immunity point of it. You get Karens on facebook screeching about autism and vaccines and muh naturalnews and it hurts everyone who can't safely get a vaccine due to genuine medical issues. Pushing kids out of your ###### doesn't make you a medical expert.

9. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Research through what lens? One of a sensationalist media company that blows everything out of proportion, and rarely gets things right due to facts not meeting the narrative?

PoleCrusher and JonJon78 Thank this.
  10. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Does that statistic include all the deaths that are registered due to financial pressure, when in fact it is not the primary cause?

striker, 201, PoleCrusher and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Too many idiots to address. Masks limit how far you spew the virus. Not to protect you but others

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.