Maverick; CDL/CDL School

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by 75th Rangers, Mar 16, 2010.

1. 75th Rangers

75th Rangers Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Tri-Cities, East Tennessee
    Ridgerunner; Being as you are from east TN. are you familiar with or do you have any knowledge about the CDL School located in Fall Branch TN. "off I-81 S. near THP Office/between J.C. & Kingsport"?

On the surface they seem to be a good school; I have even spoke to the gentleman that runs/operates the school; seemed to be an honest man, he even gave some advice about things and companies to watch out for, made no promises or guarantees. When I spoke to him (about a year ago) he even went as far to say at the time was not a good time to enter the industry due the economy/freight slowdown and if I had a good job hold on to it for awhile and wait for an upswing if I was going to drive a truck out of want.

With that being said; do you know or have you heard "or anybody else" if their training program is reliable? As Ive stated before "truck driving school does not a truck driver make" but I still want to get decent initial (get my Class A CDL) training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Ask the companies that you are interested in if they will hire you if you get your cdl from that school.. That will tell you right away if you should investigate it any further.

4. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I don't know anything about that one...there is one located in Phipps Bend Industrial park in Surgoinsville (my hometown).

I forget the name of it though...I think its part of the Tennessee Tech Center though.

5. TNspeedy

TNspeedy Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    a buddy of mine went through that one and said it was a decent school he drove for usless express for a year and is now drivein for schrader in jeff city.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.