Maverick Driver general bs thread

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Danfromwindsor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Steveo2Drive

Steveo2Drive Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Mint Hill, NC
    Yeah that's just a fancy way of saying, I'm unemployed now and I wish I didn't quit cause now i need a paycheck...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    Don't get upset about being hung out....if I was you I would have a nice, calm talk with my FM. Don't be out of line with him, just explain how you feel. Your getting good miles though....can't have all them miles and expect to only work Monday thru Friday right?

4. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Whining about being out 2-3 weeks???

Just one time try 2-3 months...you will never again complain about 2-3 weeks.

I've been out 2 months already, and I'm not scheduled to be home until Nov. 15th.

I know you flat bed guys didn't sign on to stay out that long...but this is truck driving, and in a slow economy...you would be wise to "make hay while the sun is shining". If you're hung out and getting good miles...make the best of it.

If you're hung out and aren't getting any miles through no fault of your own...then its time to complain.

sarge26044, Evil_E and jxu417 Thank this.
  5. Steveo2Drive

Mar 29, 2011
    Mint Hill, NC
    You know that part that said, I know you flatbed guys didn't sign up to stay out that long???? Well that's why we complain about being held.... Cause we aren't supposed to be held out!

6. Steveo2Drive

Mar 29, 2011
    Mint Hill, NC
    I'm not sayin a #### word as long as I'm running... Cause i know he will make it up to me... But, nevertheless, wish i was home... Haha

Evil_E Thanks this.
  7. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    True...but the part that comes after that..."but this is truck driving"...is also true, and its just the nature of trucking...being held out happens, always has, always will. I'm not trying to call you guys wimps or anything like that...I'm just saying that its gonna happen no matter where you work if you're a truck driver. Maverick is better than 99% of companies at getting drivers home, but nobody is perfect...freight won't allow it. I've been at this a long time, things have improved...but a "guarantee" of being home every single weekend is a fantasy for an OTR truck driver...they try to get you home, but sometimes it just isn't in the cards.

I'm just trying to say...roll with it for a bit, trucking gets better with experience....things start to make a little more sense as to why things happen the way they do. I stayed pissed off for all of my first 3 years driving...musta quit 1,000 times for various reasons, LOL...but never "really" quit.

Hang in there...it gets better.

sewerman, jxu417 and sarge26044 Thank this.
  8. sarge26044

sarge26044 Road Train Member

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    when i woke up monday am, msg on the truck said to move into 12803 after they get it cleaned up so they could put 11812 into the body shop and get the hole (covered by 67 mph tape, noticed by someone who informed someone else who told someone else to tell someone else to tell me move into 12803) fixed tuesday and have 11812 back by thursday. i forgot to ask which week.....LMAO!!! so temporarily moved into 12803. Previous driver had 10 binders, (8 over centers, 2 ratchets (rusted shut) ), 18 4 inch straps, 5 2 inch straps, 33? edge protectors (23 not rubberized)........Sooooooooooo now student has experienced "temporary" move into loaner truck. Not knowing the condition of previous drivers equipment, I just turned everything in and put equipment from 11812 on it so when i get it back will move my issued equipment back and 12803 will be turned in naked to be re-equipped properly. lol. Wednesday got msg that truck would not be ready til next week.....BIG SHOCKER!!! lol. Took all items removed from 12803 (other than trash and personal items in drivers side box, trash thrown away, personal items, boxed for return to owner) around to equipment shed. Equipment shed ee's quote, "that's alot of work." No shiite sherlock!!! i put it on the cart off the trailer while he inventoried. Shop ee came by asked if i was going to move back into 11812 when it was done, "Yep, and please leave headache rack and side box mt, i'll transfer equipment back onto/into it.

Evil_E and sewerman Thank this.
  9. sarge26044

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    we have pipe going to port arthur, la just west of Baton Rouge.

Evil_E Thanks this.
  10. sarge26044

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    Anyone else ever play that game postman when the same sentence is whispered down the line of people and by the time it gets to the end of the line the end message is completely different than the one in the beginning? How a classroom full of students in orientation can be told..."85 percent of the fleet at Maverick gets home on the weekends." yet students hear, "you will be home every weekend" is beyond me. or are told "We try to get you home every weekend" and hear "you will be home every weekend" My advice, have the personal expectation to be hung out every weekend and never get home. That way, having the attitude that you will be hung out every weekend, getting home is just that much better.

Evil_E and Blind Dog Thank this.
  11. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Does anyone know anything about the 2013's with the DD13's in 'em yet? Just curious....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.