Maverick Driver general bs thread

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Danfromwindsor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Liedl13

Liedl13 Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Chippewa Falls, WI
    I think flatbed would be neat to do. You would stay active and I just have always been interested in flatbed. My dad worked for a few different flatbed companies and I enjoyed going with him and watching the big cranes put the big coils on the trailer!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH

Neat, yeah, I suppose so. I would say that rigorous or demanding might be a little more accurate adjectives to describe it.... but neat will do. :biggrin_25519:

You definately do stay active, alot more so than other drivers do who pull vans.

The bad thing about the cranes usually is that you often end up waiting for what sometimes seems an eternity for it to place the coil on your trailer, but....

You sound like are definately interested though! That is awesome. Flatbedding takes a certain breed.

sewerman Thanks this.
  4. Liedl13

Jan 29, 2011
    Chippewa Falls, WI
    I've helped my dad fold tarps all the time I remember. I loved helping him though. Yeah I know it's a tough job especially when it's raining or in the frigid cold of the northern states! I just hope I pass my CDL school and then pass Mavericks orientation and training program. I really like Maverick and they have in my opinion some of the nicest equipment out there!

jxu417 and sewerman Thank this.
  5. Liedl13

Jan 29, 2011
    Chippewa Falls, WI
    How often do they get you home? Does Maverick run all 48?

6. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Maverick runs all 48 and some Canada depending on division. Those of us getting home weekends typically run US (basically midwest) division,southwest or RAT (regional atlantic) divisions. TCD,glass and heavy haul are on a different hometime schedule. There us also a regular flatbed longhaul that stays out around 4wks.

sewerman, jxu417 and sarge26044 Thank this.
  7. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    I believe the Technical term is “Nuts”! :biggrin_25520:

jxu417 Thanks this.
  8. Liedl13

Jan 29, 2011
    Chippewa Falls, WI
    I would really like to be home every weekend, if that is realistic? I live near Chattanooga, TN and would want to pull flatbed.

9. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH

I am on a dedicated account, PLD (Pittsburgh Logistics), we do coils mostly, for AK and USS. I am home every weekend, usually getting home Friday-back out on Sunday evening for the monday drop.
    We run lanes from Chicago, IL over to Pittsburgh, PA, and down south as far as Murfreesboro, TN, and Lebanon, TN. And as far East as Troy, VA and Roanaoke, VA.
    I have taken a load down to Chattanooga one time, we DO go there, but not too frequently in my division. However, I am sure that the RAT and US Divisions run through that area.

I would think that you would likely be in the RAT (Regional Atlantic) recruiting territory for us, but would be best to ask a recruiter.

sarge26044 Thanks this.
  10. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    It is very realistic with this company. Anyone from US or RAT care to chime in here??

sarge26044 Thanks this.
  11. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Well, Jim and I are BUCKEYES after all! LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.