Maverick Driver general bs thread

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Danfromwindsor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    ok come show me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    The way I understand it is if today I run.out of my 14 with 6 hrs of drive time left, after 8 hrs in the sleeper, I will.get that 6 hrs back to drive. After I drive the 6, I.will.need.to.take.a.full.10.hr break.before I.can.drive again.
    That is what the elogs did.for.me.the one.time I used it.

4. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    So if you are two hours from the house for the weekend and the 14 runs out but you still have more than two hours on your 11 you can do 8 in the sleeper, then drive the rest? What about the two hours in the sleeper?

5. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I do not understand ..what two hrs in the sleeper?

What it gives you the time back....you can drive.
    Mine.gave me 8 hrs back after my 8 in the sleeper.

6. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    My understanding is that if you split to get home then technically you have to show two hours in the sleeper once you get home. Its weird but then thats why its best to try not to split.

7. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    You'd have to show at least two hours. The computer goes back TWO qualifying breaks and adds up the drive time. If you have less than 11 hours driving or 14 hours on duty, it will return those hours to you. Qualifying breaks begin with an eight hour break and go to the end of the last break of at least two hours. Confusing? Try reading 395.1(g) and see if that doesn't have you scratching your head. GI prefer to just let the qualcomm do it for me and not worry about the mechanics.

seawheeler Thanks this.
  8. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Also important to note is that the eight hour break MUST be sleeper berth but the two hour break can be sleeper/off duty or a combination. So, let's say you were off duty at a shipper because you arrived too early. You take a two hour break and begin unloading. You leave the shipper two hours later and have enough time to get to a suitable spot to rest. You sleep for eight hours and you getevrythything but the time you used from your two to the time you started your eight hour break. You just got on the road two hours earlier than you would have normally if the time you just got back allows you to go home, make it to the consignee, etc. I only use it to get home, personally.

9. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Elogs take the guessing out of split breaks...your QuallComm will show you how to do it (because it does it for you).

It will give you the time back whether you're in the sleeper berth or not though...so remember to change it to SB.

10. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    The one thing I wish it would do with splits and resets is tell you when it anticipates them. I'd like to know that in 8 hours I'll get back so much or what time 10 hours or 34 is from now just for the sake of convenience. Easy to figure out. I'm just lazy and it's just using a few unused cycles on the cpu anyway.

Add that feature and give me directions that are less than 15% out or route (usually pretty good, but something has changed as of late) and not over 25 ton bridges and residential neighborhoods and I'm good to go with it.

11. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Well when it rains.......lost a week last week due to stomach virus now I think I blew an injector. Ironically after I passed a kw dealer by about 10mi so Im waiting on a tow and some oil dri. Engine was literally spewing fuel. May God bless me and see me thru this :-(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.