Maverick Driver general bs thread

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Danfromwindsor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    #### the bad luck. Does anyone know Maverick's official written policy for fuel tank additives? Just wondering because I know fact positive that fuel mileage does increase with certain additives and certain engines and I know that use of certain additives are used regularly amongst certain people who achieve verifiably excellent results to the point I would consider it foolish to own a truck without using them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I always used additives year round on the company side and they neversaid anything but thats been 6yrs ago now.

4. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Finally finished for the night. Tow showed up within an hour of being called and got me to dealer and dropped my trailer then pulled my truck to the maintenance row and dropped it. Couple long hold calls to fleetnet and back in bunk to sleep til they come get my truck or I wake up which ever comes first. What a new year so far sigh.

5. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Praise God! Appears my fuel leak was a hose that rubbed thru,a hose that KW in NLR just replaced not more than a month ago. So Im having dealer document this and plan to press KW in NLR to pay the bill.

6. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Awesome. Hold them to it. Peeps need to stand by their work.

7. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Well even after the breakdown I still managed around 2600mi for this week. Now Im in Bedford Heights waiting to load. Im only the second truck in line outside :) so looks to be a short wait here today.

8. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Woohoo just over 2hrs from time in the gate to time out the gate!

9. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Sewerman turned me.on.to the little.white bottles....fttf I.believe......could be fddf or something like.that. mav will let.you buy 4 at a time. Sarge uses it too and they get the highest.fuel mileage of.anyone I know.

10. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    Don't know where I saw it but Maverick has a deal with AT&T for a discount for employees. You have to take your pay stub to the AT&T store. My wife just did this and was told we will get a 15% discount on our cell phone bill. It can take up to 2 month for them to process it but hay, it's easy to save a few bucks if you have AT&T.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    It was in the new employee package that my husband got when he was in Orientation with Maverick. I should have done this way back in August 2011 but for some reason had the mistaken idea that you had to be starting a new account with AT&T for the 13% discount on qualified monthly charges when it is actually the equipment discount that has to be with new activation - hubby is due for an upgrade on February 14, 2012 and I am due for an upgrade on June 23, 2012.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.