Maverick here I come

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by rel22, Sep 12, 2016.

1. rel22

rel22 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Central KY
    Heading to orientation 18 Sep.

Looking forward to this next phase of my life.

Weeezerd Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Weeezerd

Weeezerd Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Congratulations brother, hope to see updates in this here thread!?

4. Inthedark

Inthedark Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2016
    springfield MO
    I have been thinking about calling them. Let us know how it goes and what you think as you proceed.

5. TexasMike

TexasMike "Big Tex"

Jan 28, 2008
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    You've made a good choice, Maverick is a great place to start.

rel22 Thanks this.
  6. rel22

rel22 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Central KY
    Getting ready to head out for the second week with my trainer.

Thanks to all the information here, especially Jim the Hut's thread, and Dale Clay's videos on Youtube there were no surprises from orientation or securement in North Little Rock.

Trainer picked me last Monday and he drove to Litchfield, KY to deliver the "get him home" load of plate steel then I took over and we went to Ghent, KY to pick up a coil for Pendergrass, GA. Then we went to a Home Depot Dist. Center in Charlotte, NC for what we thought would be a load to the east coast for for either Hurricane Matthew preps or recovery but that fell apart and we sat there all day. The next morning we went to Pageland, SC to pick up pressure treated lumber for Lowe's in Cross Plains, WV to deliver the next day. Then we back downstate WV to Princeton to pick a load of hardwood headed to Bedford Park (Chicago), IL tomorrow.

The week went well and I drove everything after Litchfield and was actively engaged in all aspects (load placement, securement, tarping, BOL, transflo, Omnitrac, etc...) of running the truck. Goals for this week are making more backing opportunities and taking a more active role in running the truck.

lar.308 Thanks this.
  7. crazyrob79

crazyrob79 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2015

8. crazyrob79

crazyrob79 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I have application in with Maverick as well...I have not attended CDL school as yet i goin to TDI in Tupelo MS at some point but have put all that on hold for now for personal reasons but hope to sometime get into it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.