maverick lowboys?

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by passingthru69, Mar 30, 2011.

1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Ok I'm sitting here in Baltimore, Md. and thought I was seeing things, but no..
    Maverick was pulling a 2 axle lowboy!!!!

When did this start and are they going to flood the market with cut rate lowboy services now???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickSt

RickSt Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Leesburg, Fl
    They have a Specialized Glass division they had bought from Schneider a few years ago.

4. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The specialized glass trailers might be double drop decks or step deck. Occasionally you will see orange mid roof tractors pulling them, but I have been seeing this less.

I can remember seeing curtainsided trailers hauling glass but I don't remember if Maverick was the company, anyone know for sure, either way?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

No this was a true rgn trl.
    He had a regular Maverick colored trk.

Did not get the chance to talk with the driver though as I was busy trying to get my ld. secure..

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  6. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I was in that division for a while...Schneider always had a small fleet of these drivers (usually no more than 20), Maverick changed things when they took over (took the fun out of it)...

You are wrong about Maverick hauling freight at cut rates...they never have done that, no matter the type of freight. (matter of fact, they charge more)

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.