Maverick or McElroy

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Rockwall, Dec 22, 2011.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Best of luck and Merry Christmas!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dropdeck

dropdeck Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    Jim I see that your from Ohio. You still work for maverick? What is your home time like ?

4. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Still here and I get home almost every weekend. I think I only missed two this year...possibly three

dropdeck Thanks this.
  5. dropdeck

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    What is the money like ? Tmc is my fist choice but got my eyes open. Going to make a change in the next week . Thank you and merry x-miss

6. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    STAY AWAY FROM TMC!! Best advice you'll ever get. They have pretty trucks and thats where the good ends! We get so many TMC drivers here that have nothing but bad to say about their pay and policies.

7. dropdeck

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    I hear just the opposite . Iv talked to 5 tmc drivers around to Columbus area .all seem to be happy and been there 3 years or more. They have worthington steel account here in Columbus I see close to 30 tmc trucks a week. I don't see a lot of maverick trucks around Columbus. I may give maverick call tuesday . How long is there waiting list? I'm leaving current job and want the transition to go some what fast.

8. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    We also are on the worthington.steel account. I live just north of Columbus and we move.lots.of.freight.in and around.Columbus. best.to.check.with. a.recruiter for.details.

sewerman Thanks this.
  9. dropdeck

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    Thanks Jim. I have been reading your experience with maverick thread lots of good info.I live just east of Columbus.

10. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    We have trucks running up and down I 71, I70, and us23 all.day long. You are in an excellent are.for.us. Best of luck on your search.

11. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I think the thing that you will find with Maverick is that they treat you like you are a professional and can make good decisions for yourself out there.
    They let you choose your own route, your own fuel stops, your own start and stop times.
    They expect you to get under 10% out of route, shoot for 6.8 mpg and since you have an apu on the truck, you will not need to idle very much at all.
    They are not constantly bugging you throughout the day. You get messages over the qualcom with all the information that you need to do your job.
    But they are only a phone call away if you need help with anything.
    As I have said before, I know that there are other good companies out there and I have no intention of bashing any of them. But I have been treated better by Maverick then I have been in the past by fortune 500 companies that I have worked for.
    This is the only trucking company that I have worked for, but I can not imagine being treated any better by anyone else.

dropdeck and Flatbedder 1966 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.