Maverick or McElroy

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Ridge Runner, Jun 30, 2007.

1. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    So will you change your name to "nowtarps4me?"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

Never! The legend lives!:biggrin_25523: That would be like taking the Z out of Tarzan!:biggrin_25523:

4. shinyw

shinyw Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2007
    i just got hired on at maverick going to orientation this weekend does anyone know want they are like

5. shinyw

shinyw Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2007
    im going with them this weekend to

6. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Bobtail Member

May 21, 2007
    Walhalla, SC
    :biggrin_25525:Thank you everyone for your replies. I am starting with Maverick next weekend.

7. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

wait a minute...did i hear that right?
    notarps will soon be throwing tarps....lol
    good luck to all you guys that are starting flatbedding....i enjoy it
    keep all your securement guides...they will help eventuly i swear

8. DragginMan

DragginMan Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    north AL
    Just finished up my first solo week with McElroy. I'll give you a brief rundown. There ARE some pre-tarped loads, mostly sheetrock and LOWES loads. Tarps are only draped over, you still must do your securements. Haul LOTS of lumber (different kinds) and lotsa shingles (no tarps except for 1 customer). I have been to every state in the SE region but Florida and West VA. I currently have steel building components loaded on my trailer for delivery Monday to Memphis, TN. I picked up in Elizabethton, TN, and drove home to Huntsville, AL. Didnt get over 1900 miles this week.:biggrin_25510: I have been home every weekend. If you do have to stay out BOTH days you get $100 extra. I'd rather be home. Current pay rate is .38/mile, will be .39 at 6 months, and .40 at 1 year. Mileage is figured out on HHG miles, so you WILL NOT get paid the mileage you actually drove. Figure @10% less.:biggrin_2552: The trucks are Intl 9200 series with C13 Cats rated at 430 HP, governed at 64 MPH. Mine does 66:biggrin_25525:. Ya, BIG F'IN DEAL. All 10 speed trannys for now, they are looking at autos, and also experimenting with super singles. I will be looking HARD at Maverick this week, maybe driving maroon instead of red in August!!! Just my $.02

9. wrench56

wrench56 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2006
    western PA
    I am leaving Maverick this week maybe one of you guys will get my truck.

10. shinyw

shinyw Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2007
    why u quiting u didnt like it?

11. shinyw

shinyw Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2007
    that dont sound to bad then i want more miles though i might look in to them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.