Maverick or McElroy

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Ridge Runner, Jun 30, 2007.

1. DragginMan

DragginMan Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    north AL
    Where you going from there? And why leave one of the top flatbed companies? A couple quick ????? for ya before you go tho. What is the tarp pay? Detention pay/rules? Layover pay/rules? Practical miles or HHG?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wrench56

wrench56 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2006
    western PA
    reasons for leaving.
    very short weekends get home sat. afternoon leave sunday afternoon.
    average 10 to 14 hrs per week sitting waiting for a load or waiting to get loaded, usually on friday when you want to go home.
    request to get home early on friday for anniversary and arrive home 1 am saturday
    being dispatched on jobs that are impossible to do within your HOS
    payroll issues that took 4 months to resolve
    with only 6 months with this company I have over 500 employees with less seniority than I do, seems I must not be the only one to quit.
    there training is good no complaints there. Once you are on the road they will push you pretty hard . They will get you through the house on the weekend but don,t expect to be there long enough to enjoy yourself. If you don't have any freinds or family this will be a good company to drive for but if you value your family life and like to do other things besides work 24/7 you better look elsewhere. In the 6 months I was there I only got home on friday 1 time and still had to leave on sunday early to make the mandatory 10 am monday delivery time.It seems some of the guys there get a lot better hometime than I did it depends on where you live. There not a bad company but there are a lot of ways they could easily be better.I am just to much of a maverick to accept there 1 size fits some policies and to give up my life and freedom to work for them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.