maverick or Prime

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Big City Brooklyn, Jan 4, 2012.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I am usually only home for my 34 hr reset. So nothing is lost to the truck weather I do my reset at home or somewhere out on the road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I like the routine of rolling with what I get back. Must be getting old or something. resets throw me for a loop.

4. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Most of our customers are closed on the weekend so I would be sitting somewhere. So I might as well be.home for 34 hrs.

5. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

thats only cuz you do short runs. If you loaded in MA on Fri going to CA, you'll be busy all weekend, thats how most carriers keep you loaded, OR they will have you run over the weekend with just enough time to squeez in a 34 on the road as close to the receiver as possible.

American Trucker

6. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    That suits me just fine! Only seeing my family for 34 hrs a week is a big enough sacrifice. I feel very fortunate to have found Maverick on my first go around. But that is what is great about trucking...something for everyone!

7. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I dont know many folks at Prime running those runs everytime. Even teams. My friend teams on reefers there and his typical run is 700mi. My typical run is 600mi and Im home most weekends. I agree wuth what was said earlier,companies that cant load you thru home for the weekend arent trying.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  8. Grindem

Grindem Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2011
    pilot point,Texas
    Ok Mr JimtheHut,
    I had a question for you on the Maverick Physical .
    I have been unemployed for so long that I dont know if I could lift a lot of heavy weights. Where did Maverick send you for school (I am in Dallas) for training and How tough was their stress test. Thanks
    I am a 8 year Intra-state driver wanting back in to the loop.
    Sincerely , Grindem

9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

ever pull a flatbed before? any OD Exp?

American Trucker

10. Grindem

Grindem Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2011
    pilot point,Texas
    Yes ,
    Flatbed is in my History with Shingles from the Owens Corning Plant in Irving TX . You know they never asked me to tarp a load of shingles HA !

11. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Call loan Star Transportation, we're hireing. We have a ALL Peterbilt Fleet (i have a 379). Pay scale goes from .40cpm to .50cpm. 80% of our freight is OD (we're a heavy haul company) and we only tarp 5-10% of our freight.

I've only been here 3 months but i love it so far (this is also my first Flatbed job). They dont hire new drivers here either, so no hand holding or stupid rules...

From the TX drivers ive talked to they seem to get home allot, i've met some that are home every night or every weekend, not sure how common that is though.

American Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.