maverick or Prime

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Big City Brooklyn, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    It is a small group....there are only 12 of us...but there are openings quite often.

There are about 6 of us that are here to stay, the others come and go...you know how it is (not much home time, some loads are VERY aggravating, etc.)

You have to have so much time in at Maverick, I'm not exactly sure how much time though...I can provide you with a phone number to get your questions answered if you want it.

seawheeler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Wish they would let us IC's over there.

4. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    They did when Schneider had us...but required certain trucks and trailers.

The pay per mile is as good as it gets for a company driver...but let me tell you, it ain't all peaches and cream over here...I just wasted the last 2 days.

The load I was supposed to pick up Monday was cancelled due to Mardi Gras, the permit office was gonna make me sit with it until Wednesday...and today...oh man, what a day....I arrived at the shipper at 0900, the load was a Ford F350 service truck and a Gehl DL6H-42 telehandler...after I got everything loaded, chained down and ready to go the shipper figures out he has screwed up. The telehandler was not the right machine, it was the machine I was supposed to pick up because thats what he sent to the CSR's...but it wasn't the one he was supposed to ship...the one he was supposed to ship was sold several months ago, LMAO.

So I unloaded the telehandler and was told by Maverick to sit tight while they made sure I wasn't supposed to take the telehandler...I wasn't...so then they tried to find another machine I could put on here with this truck (because the shipper refused to pay the whole truckload rate just to ship the truck)...I sat all day, and was told to go ahead that they worked out a rate with the shipper, about the time I pulled out my alternator quit charging...just got that fixed.

So...for this week...I have about 300 miles (empty), and $30 for a cancelled load...I can deliver this load on Thursday which will put me at 1,100 miles for the week...I haven't been home since Jan. 3rd (except for 1 day, just happened to pass through)...and in that time I've only had 1 really good week (3,400 miles...1 load)...freight is slow for us right now, but thats truck driving.

When the freight is moving...the $$$ is great...when the freight is slow...the $$$ sux! You have to really want to do this to put up with it...its that simple. I personally don't want to haul anything I can't drive on and off the trailer myself...its not about the $$$ (but I do like the $$$ when freight is moving good), overall the $$ is better in MSO but there are several times a year that you'll need to be thinking ahead for (the lean times)

I still have 4 hours left on my 14...but to hell with it, LOL....I'm going to bed in hopes that tomorrow (or next week) will be better.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Nope but getting back to Texas to swap tarps could be a challenge.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  6. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Ridgerunner my interest in your division is based on the higher revenue to miles ratio ergo higher profit. However money aint enough to keep me otr that long.

7. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I'm with you. 2-3 weeks out and in ready to be at home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.