Maverick Quallcom Update?

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by drive4jesus, May 26, 2012.

1. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Not a dodge. It doesn't matter. What I said is more true than any fluff I could put on it with a title.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I didn't realize my comments were spawning those types of thoughts.

4. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Its obvious how little you know of trucking and running a successful company. Yes there are some companies who pay great but what you fail to either know or see is they are small outfits,who run dedicated customers for 95% of their loads. One such example would be Southern Pride,who runs primarily jet engines. My advice is try to get on with one of those companies or buy yourself a truck. Otherwise learn how things work in trucking and why. You dont just walk into a customer and say its goin to cost $5/mi because you will have no freight. Cause and effect. Maverick is one of the top companies in the nation for a reason,maybe it means they know a thing or two about how to balance customers needs,company needs and driver needs. Sounds to me like you have fallen into the driver trap of thinkin you know it all.

5. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    You didn't read my post at all. It says the same thing you just said but without the bull #### denegration.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  6. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

I was just curious what your expertice was before you got into trucking. You either always had a dream that you wanted to be a truck driver, or you got laid off and could not get into anything else worth while so you decided to give trucking a try.
    My guess is that it is the latter and that you really have no true desire to be an over the road truck driver.

7. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Way off the mark. Thanks for trying.

8. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Then why don't you enlighten me?

9. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    I used to get pissed off at the mileage pay too, because the miles I didn't get payed for were driven for free....I don't work for free.
    but then I realized how nice it was to do your own routing/fueling, especially after listening to my friends that work for other large carriers, ######## about the routing/fueling itinerary dictated to them.

it balance's out

10. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Because I prefer not to be trolled. The context of the conversation is not consistent with someone having genuine interest in the answer. Whether you intended to troll or not, I don't know, and prefer to just leave it at that.

11. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    !!
    !
    I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TROLLING IS! But I've spent to.much time on this to care.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.