Maverick REAL home time?

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by camofrawg83, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Gonzo1300

Gonzo1300 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    If you have a family and want to keep them just don't drive a truck. Even if you are hone on weekends you are neglecting your family plain and simple

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Hmmm...I'm not quite sure you understand the concept of taking care of a family.

Taking care of a family means providing food, shelter, clothes, school supplies, entertainment (toys, for everyone)...doing all that requires money, money is best earned by doing a job, truck driving is a job.

To earn the money I've made driving I'd have to work so much overtime at a regular job that it makes the idea of home time a moot point...I've had a "regular" job or 2, all I did was work 16 hours, sleep 6 hours, then get up and start all over again...thats what I had to do to earn the required $40,000 per year to keep my family happy, healthy and well fed. When I wasn't working, I was exhausted...not much good to anyone...maybe I work harder than most, I don't know.

Trucking...I've been able to maintain a pretty steady $65,000-$70,000 per year...which means I can keep my family happy, healthy, and well fed...while at the same time, putting a nice chunk of change back for retirement at 62 years old.

And when I decide to take a few days off...I can...even a few weeks...which I do every year, and spend time with my family...we go to Royal Blue on ATV trips, we go deer hunting, we fish, we camp...none of which would be possible without a good paying job, which I have here at Maverick.

mxpx148 and SHOJim Thank this.
  4. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    REAL home time, in my opinion, is measured in weeks....not hours or days.

And quality is just as important as quantity...home every weekend for 34 hours is OK for some...for others, we like to stay home a while....go do stuff, fun stuff....get our minds off work type stuff.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Craig Ryan and mxpx148 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.