Maverick Student pay

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by HD0521, Jan 9, 2015.

1. HD0521

HD0521 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I have about two years local experience in the oil field. Looking to go regional with maverick. But since I don't have previous otr I'll be a student. Just wondering what about what I'll average for a check as a student. I Live in Oklahoma btw.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    with 2 years of exp why would you go with a mega carrier?

Arielit0oo and Guitar Man Thank this.
  4. HD0521

HD0521 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2015
    All the flatbed co's Ive applied at wont take me because I don't have otr experience.

5. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    have you looked at any of the local company's? they might train you. knock on some doors, it cant hurt

6. bubbagumpshrimp

bubbagumpshrimp Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Virginia
    I don't like to say "use the search feature," but I found this with a two second internet search. You're going to need to put more effort into this if you want to find a job that you're going to be happy with. I spent EASILY 100 hours looking for local companies that would hire a new guy. You've just got to put some time and effort into it.

http://www.maverickusa.com/driving-jobs/student-program

x2 on looking local. One angle that you might not have thought of...check out construction and road work related gigs. I've got a buddy that got on with a company hauling heavy equipment for road work right out of school (he had an in with the company). He started at something like $20/hr.

There's no way that I'd start out as a "student" with student pay if I had two years driving experience. Get online and look around for flatbed companies in your area.

Yup. Assuming he's got a reasonable driving record, someone will hire him.

7. HD0521

HD0521 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I have a great record. Seat belt ticket in my personal vehicle is all. There is a step deck outfit that hauls new farm equipment right down the road from me that I never thought about asking till now. I have searched the forum, and I know what Maverick pays and what miles they say you will get but I was looking for some real world numbers from actual drivers. Thanks for the replies fellas.

8. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
  9. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    I'm a maverick driver. While a student on first day of orientation you will get a $50 visa card. You will then get $450 for the rest of orientation. After that it is $550 per week during training. Training consists of about 8 days of load securement training followed by atleast 21 days with a driver trainer. It is $550 per week for all this. After graduation you will get $400 followed by another $400 upon first load delivery,this in addition to whatever miles you run that first week. After that you get paid per mile plus tarping,detention pay if applicable,etc.

evanstonmark Thanks this.
  10. Campitor

Campitor Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have to say I feel pretty good about having my choice narrowed down to Maverick. I really haven't found the negative with this company that I have with others. But everyone seems willing to help and welcome a new person. so my 2c

11. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I am the over the road recruiter that coversmpa. I f you have any questions, pm me and I will give you my phone number.

Campitor Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.