Maverick Transportation, LLC - North Little Rock, Ar.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by wonderman, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinger188

Stinger188 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Man, you guys getting your trucks makes this wait so tough....why don't they just call already?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dabondo

dabondo Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Hi, I just finished all my training with Mav Specialized and got my truck and was set to go from N.J. to Richmond. 1st the trailer had broken landing gear. Than the old beat up truck was leaking air terribly. I was told to run to richmond and get it fixed down there. I went to leave like an idiot. While waiting 2 min. for the gaurd gate the low air warning buzzer came on. So I parked the truck. Another driver told me the last guy(was fired)driving that truck couldn't get the truck repaired.Also he told me the trailer he just brought back had no brakes.He said he was quitting another driver was leaving and the loader also.Everywere I have been (Laurinburg, Mt. Holly, Cinnaminson) with Maverick people have quit or are quitting.Moral seems to be very low.I felt pressured to drive that problem riddled truck. And almost did.I felt I got no support from company so I quit the next morning. I told my STL that someone could get killed. He said it's not his problem. Sorry to be negative but it's true

4. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    Well...this is a new complaint.

I wouldn't have quit. I would have politely, but firmly refused to go outside that gate, when the problem was found in the pre-trip. When resistance was offered in helping you deal with the issue, I would have contacted the maintenance shop in North Little Rock for their input and assistance, which would have probably resulted in a little different approach being taken to fix the problem that needed dire attention before the truck could be operated legally.

Apparently, you were dealing with a dispatcher, whose only concern was to get a load picked up and moved, and I would have MADE it his problem, by reminding him that you are prohibited by law, to drive a truck in that condition.

As to whether or not what the other drivers told you in regard to the last driver, or other maintenance issues was true or not, I can't say, but when you are dealing with uncaring idiots, as apparently this dispatcher was, putting the ball back in THEIR court is the only course of action.

At this point, what have you got to lose? I'd place a call to the main office and inform someone as high up as you can get to talk to you, and let them know why you quit. Give them the truck number, the disptacher's name, and by now, that truck will have been fixed, giving them reason to believe that you felt that you were left with no option but to quit, rather than to violate the law.

I've always heard that the Steve Williams, who owns Maverick, is a very driver oriented kind of guy, and treats his people well. Perhaps crafting a letter to him at the Corporate office, informing him of all of this, will do something to prevent someone else from having to go through what you did, if nothing else.

If no one knows about it, and this guy has acted in a similar manner, then nothing will be done to stop it, and my bet is that there are those in North Little Rock, that WOULD do something about it if they did.

5. dabondo

dabondo Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Thanks for your reply Turbo, There seems to be two very different Mavericks. The flatbeders from Mav trans (the ones in the maroon trucks) have nothing but good things to say about the Co. The Specialized drivers are Blackassing everywhere you go. I tryed to remain upbeat through the whole process. Figuring that good things were comming. My STL tried dangleing a carrot in front of me. If I would drive this old truck till December he would see that I would get a brand new 2007 truck. But yea, You are right I should have just waited it out and thrown it back in his lap. I was so stressed out over not getting the load to the consignee.I'm too much old school about customer service. That's what almost made me drive the truck with the air leaking so badly. Well I got a new job yesterday afternoon anyway. Went back to my old field sellin' Nissan's. thnx db

6. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Good luck DB- on another thread (about mav specialized, aka Schneider specialized) the concensus was that many drivers were unhappy, and looking elsewhere...
    Seems like a real shame, seeing as most drivers I've ever spoke to (again, Mav drivers) seemed happy with the co.

7. Stinger188

Aug 23, 2006
    I too have noticed that it seems the Specialized division is where the complaints are. I wonder if they just don't have everything smoothed out yet and all? Company transitions can be tough in any industry. Hopefully, Maverick will get this new part of their company up to par with the other part.

8. Stinger188

Aug 23, 2006
    Maverick called me while I was at work yesterday because they had an opening and they could start me earlier than expected. By the time I got the message and called them back, they filled it. My recruiter said it should just be a couple more weeks, though.

9. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Stinger, Congrats! I know you have been waiting for a while for this. Good Luck with them.

10. Stinger188

Aug 23, 2006
    Thanks! The wait has been long and it still isn't over yet. Hopefully it will all be worth it! I'll let y'all know when I head out for training!

11. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    Good luck stinger,you sound like a good solid person,you'll do just fine. We'll be looking for you out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.