Maverick Transportation

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by stevedb28, Aug 4, 2007.

1. stevedb28

stevedb28 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Paul was almost right, it has to be a 1500 watt inverter, and it has to be an inverter approved by freightliner to be in that specific truck. You cant just go out and buy any old 1500 watt inverter and have it put in. You also have to buy the wiring harness for it which is $200.00+. Im still trying to get a window a/c unit to fit into that iddy bitty hole into the sleeper, lol. Just kidding but would be nice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

I am in the US Div. Miles is not the only thing that makes you money with mav. There are a lot of bonuses. Like fuel bonus. You can make up to 4cpm more with that. I am home every weekend. After everything comes out of my check I take home around $700- $900 a week. If you are a brand new driver and do not have a CDL mav's avg for the 1st year is over $52.500. Nice equipment with all the safety features.

4. Craftsman

Craftsman Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Albuquerque
    I've had my Cdl since 2004. I have been doing linehaul for this past year. I live right next to O'hare Airport, so if I wanted to be home every weekend, I'm sure there would be no problem, right? There are probably many loads originating near Chicago, Indiana, or Rockford, right?

5. stevedb28

stevedb28 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2007
    I have been to chicagoland area for the past 8 weeks in a row. Living in chicago is noo problem at all. We have so much business in that area, we have a terminal in Gary. But I picked up a load off of 159th street this week. U.S. steel and Mittal Steel in Gary are also some big companies we haul for.

6. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I have been to chicago the last few weeks myself. Usually that is my load going home.

7. Craftsman

Craftsman Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Albuquerque
    159th st., yeah, I used to service the Coca-Cola there in Alsip, and American Licorice down 159th. Well, I've checked out Maverick's website, read about your drivers of the month, and looked @ the terminal locations. Then I applied. We will see what they say about my driving record. I've had 1 preventable accident back in 04' and since then, 2 tickets, neither for speeding, so we'll see what they say.

8. eamac

eamac Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I am wondering, What is mavericks policy on take home trucks?

9. pepper

pepper Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2007
    illinois
    hey guys i live about 45 miles north east of stlouis in illinois if i go with maverick how does my home time look i have been driving for 13 years an. thinking of going on the road again

10. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

I go up 55 to chicago about once a week. I would say you would be home weekly. I know you can't post yet. Not enough post, but you can IM me thru yahoo if you want any details. I will be here all weekend. I deliver in texas tuesday.

11. pepper

pepper Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2007
    illinois
    cant find you on yahoo no tarp just wanted to know about the way thay ran there trucks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.