Maverick Transportation

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by stevedb28, Aug 4, 2007.

1. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    we have a recruiter here!!!! Former JB Hunt reject, and has also been rejected by many women in this life... J/K Notarps----Maverick sounds like a good co.!! But dont use 'me' for ref if you dont want to ruin your 'testamony!!" LOL:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bubbasdk

bubbasdk Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    what cheer ia
    have u heard of any loads going to iowa thats where i live . just wanting to know if it would be good for me to go with them or if i should go somewher else

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

They are my 5th driving company and by far the best. If I ever use you for a reference it will be when I am bored with this Site and want to get banned!:mlaugh: JB? Never! Rejected by women??./ Not a chance!!!!

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Did you say banned or jammed?

6. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    If you need help with that in the future, I can help! I have 'experience' in that area!! :biggrin_25525::biggrin_25526:

*** You edited your post---but have 'experience' in both areas!!

7. TommyToe

TommyToe Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Scottsboro, Alabama
    what about the hometime at scottsboro, al ?? i know they have a terminal there, and i really would like to be home most weekends. i would need the load securement training, as i've been a gasoline hauler for 5 years....whatya think....would maverick possible be interested in me??:biggrin_2554:

8. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

Sure they would. Even if you had exp as a flatbedder you would need their load securement training to learn the maverick way of securing and tarping. Orientation is 1 week and load securement is 1 week both are paid. I am well pleased with this company. I think you would like them!

9. Mklangelo

Mklangelo Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    I decided to bite the bullet and get my CDL at a school so I'm not owned by anyone. I'll have my CDL in two weeks and have already spoken with Maverick. I'm glad I did. i'm hearing allot of good things about the company, unlike so many others I had considered going with. I'm glad I did my homework.

I'm going Regional and should be home about 45 weekends a year, since I'm just a hair north of I-94 in Milwaukee, which is just on the edge of their hiring zone.

I have a couple of questions for those that drive for Maverick.

I read their website and the equipment sounds nice. How about a first hand opinion on that? For instance is there a microwave or fridge? Probably not huh? lol

I'm told I'll be taking my truck home. I live in the city and have no place to park a tractor and a 45' trailer. I'm sure I'm not the only driver that lives in a city. How is that little problem usually dealt with?

How much does it cost to send email from the truck?

Are there APU's on the trucks? I know they run Freightliners and the new Cascadias have some sort of HVAC that can run independently of the engine for 10 hours, but I doubt that Maverick has any of those.

Thanks in advance and have a good one!

:violent2:

10. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    No APU's yet. Fridge or microwave you have to supply. Top notch equipment with all the safety features. I don't use the in cab email. Don't know anyone that does, but it is quite pricey. Most use cells or laptops. You will need to find a place to park. You can drop the trailer if you have a kingpin lock and a letter authorizing you to drop. Home time is very good and I have been up in your neck of the woods a few times with them. So you should see home often. Good luck to you! You picked a great company!:mcool:

11. Mklangelo

Mklangelo Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    I've already filled out the ap but I wish I would have talked to you prior, I would have been glad to use your driver code on it. I will certainly mention you to Tammy, who is the recruiter I have spoken with. Since I can't PM anyone, I'll keep you posted on my progress with Maverick in this thread or better yet, start a new thread in the Maverick area here. I'm sure other newbies will find it useful.

I have a couple quick questions for you if you don't mind. As for the television, how to you get it hooked up to a satellite? Local channels are as good as useless to me.

And as for a refridge, do they make them so they run on DC or do I need to spend the 150.00 on the converter someone was talking about earlier in this thread. Is there a little cubby hole for microwaves and fridges? Since I'm gonna be spending about 5-6 days a week in that rig, I'm planning on decking it out as much as possible. I'm sure you understand.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.