Maverick Transportation

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by GA-TRUCKER, Apr 16, 2017.

1. GA-TRUCKER

GA-TRUCKER Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Hello, I am out of the Atlanta area and have been approved for a flatbed position home weekends at Maverick transportation. My question is, if anyone here has worked for them, how many miles you got weekly, and were they pretty good about getting you back for those weekends? I don't care if they don't always get me back, just want to know if they're good about it, also is it for a 34 or a full Saturday and Sunday? How is the treatment there... Thanks everyone

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/forums/maverick.313/

4. GA-TRUCKER

GA-TRUCKER Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    TripleSix, passingthru69 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  5. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Not a lot of "Black Hats" around here...

6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Yeah, would say not a lot for sure. Some just let that really cause problems with the grey matter.

7. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    I used to work for Maverick. Moved out of hiring area or would probably still be there. I was in the USA division which gets you home every other weekend though I usually stayed out 3 weeks so I could get 3 full days when I got home. Maverick will get you home when they say. I never had a problem with that. I averaged 2400 miles per week but home weekly will cut into that. I'd say if home weekly expect 1800-2000 weekly. Your home time will vary depending on the load you have. Occasionally you will get home Friday evening and leave Monday morning. Usually it will be Friday evening, leave midday Sunday. Sometimes it will be home Saturday and leave Sunday morning. Also, check out the Maverick Driver's Facebook page. Good info there from current drivers. Best wishes and God bless!

8. Jeffrey19670

Jeffrey19670 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2018
    New Jersey
    Im personally excited to be starting with Maverick TCD Division. Next week I will be heading to North Little Rock for Orientation & Training. My recruiter, processor and HR dept people have all been up front and courteous, I was an OO back in the 90's but have been out of trucking since then. I have no problem running wherever they want to send me and look forward to earning a decent paycheck and seeing the country. Home time is not an issue for me....kids have flown the coop and are in college now LOL.

Check out youtube for some really cool/informative videos from currrent employees regarding the career choice with Maverick.

Truckermania Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.