Maverick vs Werner (Flatbed)

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Nirb, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Nirb

Nirb Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Tennessee
    Hey there, alright so here's the deal I have been driving with Werner Flatbed for over 2 yrs now. I am at the point where just cannot seem to make the money I thought I would. So with that said next week Werner wants me to switch to training, however I have applied to Maverick because out on the road I have heard good things about Maverick. So anyone have any suggestions regarding is it smart to switch to Maverick, and # .36 a mile will Maverick give you the miles? Last thing I want to do is switch and only get around 2,000 miles # week and be stuck with another company that treats you like number? From this forum it seems like Maverick is a good company to work for. Just don't know if the miles go to seniority and when you first start out they run you like a shag driver? Thnx ahead of time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    From what I hear, most are getting around 2500 a week. We have been averaging that. I am in my last week with my trainer. Others can say what they want.

I can say I have been most impressed by what I have personally seen.
    I even had a customer tell me today that he thought that Maverick drivers were a cut above the rest, and he was refering to attitudes!
    They do not treat you like a number here.
    If you do come, keep what you have learned at Werner to yourself. They do not care. It is their way or the highway! Good Luck!

4. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    2,000-2500 miles a week.

And 41 cents per mile after a year.

Go with Maverick...

The Challenger and JimTheHut Thank this.
  5. Nirb

Nirb Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the responses :) Well ill be doing the orientation this Sunday, looking forward to it. From what i can tell Werner does not compare to Maverick when it comes to the driver.

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    That is part of what I was saying about being maverick material and being a rep for their co. The customers see and hear the drivers, that is why maverick is smart enough to not just toss anyone in one of their trucks.

TREE and The Challenger Thank this.
  7. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

If you go in with a professional attitude and listen twice as much as you talk, you will do fine! Good luck and see you on the road!

TREE Thanks this.
  8. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    I drive for a small company... They are very picky and expect you to always be a professional... I have seen them terminate drivers for not being up to par... I haven't seen a lot of drivers quit... In fact, I only know of one driver who quit, but it was more because he needed to get off the road fo personal reasons and not because he was unhappy with the company... We are treated well, the pay and miles are good...

Anyway, my point is, it sounds like Maverick is also picky and expects more from their drivers.. and from my experience, that is a good thing...

So good luck to you and keep us updated....

9. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    What part of Tennessee are you from Nirb?

10. Nirb

Nirb Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Tennessee
    Hey there I live in Eastern Tenn near the Tri Cities. After coming from Werner and watching there hiring practices which is anyone and everyone even if they sleep during orientation which i never understood. I will be glad to be in a orientation where you have to be professional in order to get the job. I'll keep you all posted thanks again for the responses.

11. Nirb

Nirb Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Tennessee
    Oh from what i heard are all the trucks automatic transmissions? Not sure if I will like that to much I always like being able to control when you want to shift and how you want to shift especially in the winter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.