Maverick vs Werner (Flatbed)

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Nirb, Mar 11, 2010.

1. sarge26044

sarge26044 Road Train Member

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    Welcome to the team. Be Safe. See you on the road

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sarge26044

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    Hopefully your questions have been answered by your own experience now that you've gone with maverick. Regarding your ? about being treated by name or truck number, Look at your id badge. I believe your name's in bold print, not your truck number. lol. That's the reason for wearing your badge when at one of the terminals, especially HQ in North Little Rock, so everyone can call you by name.

4. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I was talking to a new driver this week for another flatbed company. He told me their training was 8 hours of class room. They were told not to ask any questions, but to listen. They were shown a model of a truck in class and that was it. They were basically told they would figure it out on the road. This guy also took off all of his securements on his coil and was backing into the dock. He was in crooked and could have very easily bumped the ballards and sent his coil rolling. I told him that I would not recommend ever moving it with less than two securements on it. He agreed that it was a good idea.
    Another guy for the same company at another site only had lumber tarps to tarp a coil. He said the company does have them but you basically have to take them to get one...:biggrin_2554:

notarps4me Thanks this.
  5. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

Welcome to the team. Be Safe. Hope to See you on the road .

6. TREE

TREE Heavy Load Member

May 11, 2010
    OHIO
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by notarps4me [​IMG]
    That is part of what I was saying about being maverick material and being a rep for their co. The customers see and hear the drivers, that is why maverick is smart enough to not just toss anyone in one of their trucks.

are you getting paid to be a rep for maverick?

I don't think so bro,Notarps is a guy who just tries to help the younger guys. :biggrin_25525:

7. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    You can put it in manual and you have almost as much control! However, the computer will not let you break it!

8. sarge26044

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    Truck Drivers. . . go figure

9. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Because Bad press gets more attention then good press!

10. motomack

motomack Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Rock Hill, SC
    I think that I have made my decision! I will do my best to get on with Maverick after school. They really seem to be what I'm lookin for. I called a recruiter the other day because I wondered if I was in hiring zone. He said to call when in school and since I'm so close he could get permission to hire me! But I will have a backup plan just in case. Thanks to everyone that has posted about maverick! I cant wait to be part of the family! Thanks again to all and keep it safe out there!

11. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    It is smart to have a backup plan. I had three backup plans!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.