maverick weekend pay cuts

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by tenfo, May 23, 2009.

1. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    It used to be fairly common.
    I had a job in the early 80s that paid us $75. in addition to our mileage just for being out over the weekend.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    One of the last times I was at the yard in ft smith the csr told me that they are having to be more like other co's on getting home. The freight was to scarce to get us home like they used too. I had a gravy run one time. I unloaded in Iowa. I went to the 80 there. They sent me a message shoot to the yard in gary. I went there. Was a friday. No load. Said we will find you a load monday. Got a load in east chicago. Got 800 miles for that weekend. Picked up a half hour from there. Sweet...:biggrin_25520:

4. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Can't beat that...I believe those things (weekend pay, better hometime) will come back, but it may be a while.

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Years back I worked for an outfit, if you were out more than 60 days you got 1000.00

Their way of saying sorry you got stuck out with no off time.

Funny thing was you could work the system and go by your home with a ld. and delay ld 1 or 2 days. Nobody said crap about it.

So make an extra 1k and still have home time if you knew how to work the system

6. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    A lot of those things have fallen by the wayside.
    How come drop pay has stayed so stagnant with most companies?
    I had a job in the early 80s that paid $15 for the first extra drop, $25 for the next one, and then $40 for the rest.
    And now, all these years later I'm getting $10 a drop.

7. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I don't know. Seems like everywhere I ever been once you lose something it is a done deal.

8. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I like to think Maverick is a bit different...although I admit I may be fooling myself.

You may be right about the hometime though...but I do honestly believe the pay will be back.

9. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Oh I am sure the hometime will come back. I was talking about the 800 mile pay.

10. goduke15

goduke15 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2009
    As I stated on a TMC post im in the concrete construction business here in the midwest and have unloaded most all big flat company's atleast once. Mav, Roehl, TMC and Halvor all atleast a handful and Roehl alot! Anyways was just checking on freight, yall still running? Last job we used the big national guys was a run from Portage, WI to Savannah, GA with Precast concrete containment walls.......boy did yall like that run.......anyways whose getting all the work?

11. bananapuddin

bananapuddin Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2009
    arkansas
    you have got that right ridgerunner, my husband has been out alot lately, on both ends pay and no pay, maverick sure has changed lately ,got rid of a good fleetmanager now they have someone from another department, they need to go out on the road with you drivers and see what it is really like , the heat, cold ,rain, snow instead of sitting behind a desk, and giving impossible pickup and delivery times,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.