maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Gander, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Gander

Gander Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Ok im trying to see if its flatbed with maverick or find a company to go with an try refeer or dry van thanks for the help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN

I'd stick with flatbed or tanker...I LOVE THE TANK myself. What part of IL you live in?

4. Gander

Gander Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2010
    alton illinois where r u

5. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    If you want to get paid to get a work out every day, then go with flat bed!

6. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN

Very true. Much more of a workout in flatbed than anything else (if not everything else put together.) Although trying to man handle 2 20ft hoses filled with chocolate is quite the workout, but still not as much or often as flatbed.

7. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN

I live up by Decatur...big time tank area due to Exxon fuel loading rack/pipeline, ADM, and Tate & Lyle. Living by Alton, there is quite a bit of tanking (both dry bulk and liquid), plus flatbed. Maverick has a yard down there in Madison about 1.5 miles or so north of the Pilot on 203. I'd go with Maverick if I were you. That's the only big company I have found where you can talk to driver on the road who has been there for a while.

The longest a TMC, Arrow (when they were still around,) Boyd, and Melton driver had been there seemed to be less than a year, whereas I found just as many newbies as 3-6+ years Maverick drivers. That, and the fact that Maverick drivers seem to be happier with their company than anyone else, speaks for itself to me. I'm not saying that those other companies are horrible, cause I haven't ever worked for any of them, including Maverick, so I wouldn't really know. Just stating my observations.

notarps4me Thanks this.
  8. TREE

TREE Heavy Load Member

May 11, 2010
    OHIO
    Maverick gets alot of good reviews,even the drivers on the road.

notarps4me Thanks this.
  9. Gander

Gander Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Ive been otr flatbed but its been years ago an now i need to get back to keep what i have worked for thanks for every bodys reply

10. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    They are looked at a lot. I have had a lot of compliments from shippers and receivers. A lot of people ask you out there how do you like maverick.

11. Gander

Gander Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Well ive been local ever since the family grew an now the local work is not what it use to be in order to keep what i have i need to do some thing thanks notarps!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.