MAVERICK

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by TIMMYTWO, Jan 16, 2014.

1. TomInATruck

TomInATruck Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Michigan
    That's going to depend on whether you want to do Flatbed, TCD, or Glass. If you go flatbed, you'll be lined up with a trainer as soon as they can get you down to Little Rock. Glass... you might be waiting awhile. TCD is a little spotty with the trainers, from what I hear, as it's relatively new so they don't have nearly as many TCD trainers as Flatbed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goatman826

goatman826 Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Winston-Salem NC
    they won't have you come to orientation if they won't have trainers ready

4. JPalmer81

JPalmer81 Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Show Me State
    Understood. How long is it going to take to get a trainer lined out? Is there an average time frame? Is there a huge line to get in? And to answer your question TomInATruck, I am wanting to do flatbed, not glass or TCD.

5. goatman826

Jan 3, 2014
    Winston-Salem NC
    A lot of people apply. Very few get invited to orientation. I don't think there is a shortage of available trainers except possibly in the glass division

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  6. JPalmer81

JPalmer81 Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Show Me State
    That is good news. I was just making sure I wouldn't have to wait an extended period of time to start making some money. Are they keeping the auto trucks or thinking about going back to manual?

7. ChainBinder

ChainBinder Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Frankfort, Indiana
    Happy to say...I start orientation on March 9th...Glass Division...can't wait to get started on the next chapter in my life...:biggrin_25525:

jxu417 Thanks this.
  8. bulldog522002

bulldog522002 Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    WV.
    Why is it every thread I read about a trucking co., somebody asks this question ? Makes me wonder if they just get clean to pass urine test and plan on using again. If you don't abuse drugs you don't have to worry about which test is given.

Cantwaittotruck, rda2580, RERM and 3 others Thank this.
  9. ChainBinder

ChainBinder Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Frankfort, Indiana
    I agree that if you are wondering if a company does a hair follicle test then kindly move on to the next company...most GOOD companies do both a DOT urinalysis and a NON DOT hair follicle test...they don't want drug users driving their trucks...PERIOD!!!

10. goatman826

Jan 3, 2014
    Winston-Salem NC
    There were 4 or 5 folks in my class who had their job offers held up because their hair had to be tested at a second lab and their results had not come back in time

11. Regulars

Regulars Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Salem, AL
    They are going to stay with autos. They switched to them because they save on fuel. Plus it makes your job that much easier. You can still change gears when you want to or if you need to. Im glad I had an auto when I was stuck in the traffic in West Memphis the other week. Hell it doesn't matter what kind of transmission I got as long as I'm getting paid.

jxu417 and Blind Dog Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.