Max Burton coffee maker

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Stuka, Jul 5, 2014.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I tried a one cup coffee maker with a 1500 watt inverter and it just hummed and made noises. After that I just resorted to microwaving the water and using instant. It's better than nothing.

I got to where I like Tasters Choice and Vanilla creamer or some other flavor. It's kind of a poor man's Starbucks. :)

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fishnman

fishnman Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Peoria ,Az
    Yeah, I Was solo for awhile on that Volvo. used the top bunk, kept the table in place below. I used the timer for coffee and the smell of the coffee brewing would wake me up before the alarm clock! But, most companies don't give those 780's to solo drivers, unless the truck is really got some hard road miles on it! I thought about using one of the 12v pots, but just see so many negative reports, it doesn't seem worth the expense. I think it's safer to just go through the hassle of packing and unpacking the Mr. Coffee when needed. I used the $12, 12 cup version with a timer and clock and then transferred it to a thermos. I Never had any problems with the brewing process, it took about the same time as at home, maybe a few minutes longer. And that was with a 1500 watt RoadPro inverter, with the engine idling.(I don't know if that made a difference or not.)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.