Max Freight Inc. /Northbrook, Illlnois ???

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by SwampButt, Jun 21, 2011.

1. SwampButt

SwampButt Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Anyone have any info on this company? Interested in signing on with them and can't really find anything good or bad ( hoping thats a good thing). Just wondering if there is any past or present employees floating around here.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moedu

Moedu Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Tulsa
    Hey there I happen to work for them, I have been driving for over 25 years in the industry and I have not found a company like this before. They are about 75 or so trucks and after you show them what you can do they will allow you to purchase the truck from them. They offer a 90% payout if you are an owner operator, and charge you $100 per week for the trailer. Liberal ride along policy, and cash advances weekly of $200 every Sunday to company drivers. You can fuel anywhere but they have a preference for Petro and TA's.97% of the time they have a load ready when you get there and will give you a raise after 60 days if you are on time. Start is .34CPM and they like it if you go to Canada as this yields about 4k miles a week on a there and back load. Pay is loaded or empty for Company drivers.Truck purchase is with a down payment and around 4 or 5 00 per week when you work. They have loads out of Chicago area and usually to upstate New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and basically to the south East. They don't really send you west much but if it makes a buck they will send you. I usually stay out 3 weeks at a time and they get me home when I ask. Trucks have GPS tracking only and you do paper logs the old fashioned way. If you cannot handle 3500 miles a week then I suggest looking to SWIFT or Schneider or England. Referral bonus solicitation deleted hope this helps.(PS they don't look to hard at your DAX either just have verifiable references.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. Craymarris

Craymarris Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Here it is 2013 I'm wandering did you sign on?

Are you still there?

What can you tell me about the company?

5. D17554

D17554 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Looks like their safety record is borderline to bad.

6. roadhammer123

roadhammer123 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    Hey Moe Nice I like when a recruiter gets on here I just talked to you and you have two companies ARK and max I really wounder how good these companies really are

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  7. INFORMED TRUCKER

INFORMED TRUCKER Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2015
    okay, don't let anybody lie to you, I worked for the company, don't be fooled by all of their lies that they tell you, don't believe that you'll be making $2 & $3 dollars a mile, that is the biggest load, you can't even fit it in your trailer. The crappiest & illegal company to work for, they don't pay you when you breakdown if your broken down for an extended period, they don't pay detention time most of the time, they claim the broker didn't pay them, I think they got paid & they just say that as an excuse so they can keep the money, you have to move all the trailers from in front to get to your preloaded trailer in the back at the company yard, sometimes 2,3 or 4 trailers, you don't get paid for that, they are slave drivers, they think because they are your bosses, you have to do all the loads they give you weather it's legal hours of service or not, that's why their satisfactory rating is no good, every time you get pulled into the scales for inspection, you get an unsatisfactory inspection, which goes on your record, they say safety first, which is nothing but a lie, they want you to run weather it is safe or not, they're a Bulgarian company, so they can care less about any laws or regulations, just keep running, they don't care if you kill somebody. I'll keep posting on here, to hopefully get through to most of you out there, just ask & I'll tell you what you want to know.

8. INFORMED TRUCKER

Apr 3, 2015
    They don't charge $100 dollars a week for a trailer, they told me it was $300 plus, because you don't have to worry about maintenance, only fuel, which is totally ridiculous, I worked there almost a year & they never offer a raise, they have never given me 3500 miles a week, you can't do it anyway, because all their loads are 500, 397, 918, short runs & their trucks only run 65 mph, take it from me, I worked for the most illegal crappiest company out there

9. INFORMED TRUCKER

Apr 3, 2015
    okay, don't let anybody lie to you, I worked for the company, don't be fooled by all of their lies that they tell you, don't believe that you'll be making $2 & $3 dollars a mile, that is the biggest load, you can't even fit it in your trailer. The crappiest & illegal company to work for, they don't pay you when you breakdown if your broken down for an extended period, they don't pay detention time most of the time, they claim the broker didn't pay them, I think they got paid & they just say that as an excuse so they can keep the money, you have to move all the trailers from in front to get to your preloaded trailer in the back at the company yard, sometimes 2,3 or 4 trailers, you don't get paid for that, they are slave drivers, they think because they are your bosses, you have to do all the loads they give you weather it's legal hours of service or not, that's why their satisfactory rating is no good, every time you get pulled into the scales for inspection, you get an unsatisfactory inspection, which goes on your record, they say safety first, which is nothing but a lie, they want you to run weather it is safe or not, they're a Bulgarian company, so they can care less about any laws or regulations, just keep running, they don't care if you kill somebody. I'll keep posting on here, to hopefully get through to most of you out there, just ask & I'll tell you what you want to know.

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    we heard ya the first time.....

11. JDNott

JDNott Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2014
    I have been working for Max for the last 14 months. The only major complaints I have are they run mostly NE areas; PA, NJ, VA, etc and...they run you HARD! I am a lease operator and get 88% of each load with about 3000-3500 miles per week. Nick and Sam, the owners, are very fair in all their dealings with me. As a lease operator I pay ALL expenses as if I were an O/O. For those who are in here complaining about Max...there is no such thing as a perfect company. My opinion is these guys do their best to make everyone involved with their company profitable. If you are a company driver they start you at about .38/mile. Before I went lease they had me at .40/mile. For company drivers Nick and Sam worked the numbers and figure it is more profitable in the long run to purchase new vehicles as they are slowly phasing out the older vehicles. As an Lease Operator I am driving a 2012 Freightliner. Even after expenses I am probably averaging $2000/week. Sounds like a lot, but there is no such thing as nickel and dime repairs on a truck. The other posts are correct in that the owners are from Bulgaria, but live in and have their yard and headquarters in Northbrook, IL (Chicago). As I am from southern Colorado, I wish they had more western runs, but that is not their business model. As far as home time is concerned, they do everything they can to get me home on the day requested and have done so every time with only one exception. In that case the dispatcher forgot to put me in for HT. He no longer works for Max. In closing, quit your whining, do your homework before signing on with ANY company and if you can't handle the load QUIT! Not everyone can handle the week in/out of 3000+ miles. Know what you're getting into before you start.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.