Max Trans, LLC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by SH42, Mar 27, 2011.

1. SH42

SH42 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2011
    I'm looking for information on a company called Max Trans LLC . They are located in Jackson, TN. I'm considering leasing a truck on with this company, and would appreciate any response or information.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voltrucker

Voltrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    I'm gonna bring this back from the dead, does anyone have any info on this company? Looking to be a company driver. How fast do they run and what kind of trucks do they run? Already have a app in with them and I can go any day I want but I'm still waiting to see what happens with my current job as it's steadily going down hill.

4. wrongwaytommy

wrongwaytommy Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    nc
    Max Trans

from what i`ve seen,they have Freightliners.They don`t look bad
    I do know a little about their frieght
    they have a brokersge side who brokers a lot of Norandel USA freight
    They have 4 plants.
    Salisbury,NC
    Pheonix,Ar
    Newport,Ar
    Huntingdon,Tn
    I been to 3 of those plants.
    They make rolled aluminum and ship a lot up north to Mi,Mn,Iows,Ok,and all over the south.
    Sometimes they have light loads back,of racks.
    I don`t know what their pay is.That`s about all the info I have..wish i could help you out more
    good luck

5. Nimrod

Nimrod Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Newbern, TN
    OTR pay is .32 CPM (plus a potential 2 CPM safety bonus.) Home every weekend. Paper logs. They have van and flatbed divisions. 2800 to 3400 miles per week. Freightliners (late model) and Internationals (older trucks.) I have a friend that has worked there for a few years and he is happy. I just applied to work for them again after losing my previous gig. One word of advice...STAY AWAY FROM LOCAL...it pays crap!

6. Nimrod

Nimrod Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Newbern, TN
    Just to update my previous post, I have just completed two months at Max Trans and received the second half of my sign on bonus. Their mileage estimates were a little short...more like 2800 to 4400 miles per week. They will run your ##### off if you let them, plenty of miles. In response to Voltrucker's questions...my truck is governed at 72 MPH (some are faster.) Lots of Noranda Aluminum freight, most from Huntingdon, TN and New Madrid, MO. All runs are out and back..you are always returning to West Tennessee. Don't expect to get paid for any detention, but I did get paid layover for a night last week (my first hold-up since I started with them.) I have had a few jobs that were better, but I have had a bunch of jobs that were worse. Max Trans is what you make it..I have had another job offer and turned it down. Gonna hang around here for a while, even at 32 CPM I am making decent checks. Warning...no direct deposit and it is difficult to get home in time to pick up your check and get to the bank.

7. Little Bo Peepgmc

Little Bo Peepgmc Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2015
    for all y'all wanting to know about max trans LLC out of Jackson TN before it became max trans it was JT EXPRESS. as owner op /company driver I got screwed out of 3 sign on bonuses.I worked for them for many years. Your just an ### in a seat. They don't care about you one way or the other. As far as the miles go they are there. When it comes to the D.O.T. Or your DAC report they got no problems throwing you under the bus and lying to protect their own ###. Take it from someone who worked for the on and off for 10 yrs.

Bo peeps husband..

8. WTN Asphalt Cowboy

WTN Asphalt Cowboy Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I have been here about 8 months. I really like this place. Miles are great! I'm home once or twice a week and home every single weekend for 48 hours or more. I wished they paid more per mile but I am on track to make 60,000 + in a years time. Dispatchers are fine! Wished they had direct deposit but the good far outweighs the bad at this place.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.