Maximum Daily Miles

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cdsred, May 8, 2010.

1. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Governed at 61 pulling long distance reefer loads on elogs, my top days were 658, 642, and 639. The 658 was eastbound from Wyoming across Nebraska, so basically downhill all day with 2 breaks, finishing the day with only a couple minutes to spare. A perfect day, completely legit.

A guy I sat next to in CDL class is on a different path. He wanted to run paper logs to get max mileage, and actually found a company that backs him all the way on cooking his logs. They would even go so far as to book team freight, and then when the shipper would ask for proof of the existence of his team driver, he would tell the shipper that his team driver was sleeping, so the shipper would ask for the team drivers ID, and he would go to his truck, call his company and ask for proof of a fake team driver, and the company would send him all the fake documentation he needed to "prove" the existence of his fake team driver.

So he would drive solo running team freight, and spend most of the rest of his waking hours cooking and re-cooking his fake logs. Yes he did get caught but he and the company both see it as just a cost of doing business.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DeadArmadillo

DeadArmadillo Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Just last week I set my record...64 mph truck across I80 east bound.....Laramie, WY to Des Moines, IA.....663.1

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    LOL I would not be surprised if these guys being as creative are also capable to cheat e-logs too. LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.