Maxon MCB 45Watt

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by deerslayer1143, Mar 27, 2011.

1. xPosTech

xPosTech Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2011
    SETexas
    The Case of the Purloined Decimal Point. :biggrin_255:

Even then . . .

Ted

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deerslayer1143

deerslayer1143 Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Dubuque, IA
    No I have no proof as of yet what it does but rest assured I will.
    So basically what most of you are saying is this radio is one of the biggest scams in the cb world if I'm hearing you all correctly. Would that be an accurate assumption?
    From everything I've read on this radio, if it didn't put out at least close to 45 watts I would think it would constitute criminal fraud.
    So take it for what it's worth. I'm not here to argue about it. Just thought maybe someone here might be able to shed some light on what I came across in this radio and possibly appreciate it for what it is...my bad.

4. Mack427

Mack427 Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    I had one for a long time the weather band is the best part of the radio, the receive is not the best, but it doesnt pick up electrical static as bad as alot of radios, radio is weak on getting out and not alot can be done to improve it

5. deerslayer1143

Mar 15, 2011
    Dubuque, IA
    Well I could swear I found 45 watts somewhere on the net but I don't know where and really don't care. It's just a neat little radio and yes it is quiet. Thought about hooking it up at home just for the weather but a friend wants it for his boat so who knows.

6. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Well, I'll say it like this....if there's anything on the side of the box that reads "this radio complies with part 95 of the FCC regulations", then there's NO way it does 45 watts. :biggrin_25513: At least not RF power.

Also if it does not have a heat sink on the rear of the radio, then it most likely does not do 45 watts. Furthermore the "45W" is more like a part number, than a power rating.

And last (but not least) even if it were a power rating, this would not be the first time I've heard of an inflated number on a CB; there was a CB sold on the market once that read "7 watts of power" on the box. Most likely a ploy to get people to buy. What was later discovered was the "7 watts of power" was not the RF transmitter power. Instead it was how much power operated the internal speaker. :biggrin_2551:Talk about being unknowingly duped.

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

BY LAW .....

It has to have a ID tag with a FCC number that info may be on that tag ...

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

Many moons ago it was 5 watts input now its 4 watts output and 7 watts input will give you at least that ....

8. deerslayer1143

Mar 15, 2011
    Dubuque, IA
    Well that is the part number and I don't know what the watts are. Made in the phillipines.
    Buddy of mine wanted it for his boat and I just sold it for 50 bucks.

9. Big_m

Big_m Heavy Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Central Maryland
    WOW! A Maxon with 45 watts output? And in such a small size. It must be the best kept CB radio secret in the world.

10. deerslayer1143

Mar 15, 2011
    Dubuque, IA
    Big m must be bored for a friday night. Guess your right hand is tired from driving all day huh?

11. deerslayer1143

Mar 15, 2011
    Dubuque, IA
    well I searched high and low cuz I could swear I saw somewhere on the net this was a 45 watt radio but I guess I was dreaming or something. In anycase it's a nice little radio with the weather channels, in really nice condition, it's a quiet radio, and it's for sale. A friend wanted it for his boat but doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fork up the cash so if you're interested, make an offer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.