Maxxforce 13 Engine Fan Conversion

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by trulytex, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Ameen2316

Ameen2316 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2019

Heavyd thanks for all you do here. I’ve got a 2014 “N13” maxx with the engine fan that never turns off for about a day now. I have a little bit of oil that sprayed over a few areas but I wouldn’t call it substantial. Put a gallon of oil in because it was low(from burning oil) and it stopped spraying oil everywhere. Any idea what’s up with that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ameen2316

Ameen2316 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Hey heavyd thanks for all of your insight. I have a 2014 “N13” maxx with engine fan constantly on for a day now. Noticed some oil sprayed on a few spots but nothing substantial. Added a gallon of oil because it was low from the burning oil as they do and it stopped spraying oil. Any idea why it stopped spraying?

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Are there any signs of this failing as well? I heard some chatter that was way louder than usual on the front of the engine. It went away after a few seconds but it’s got me worried

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Where does the oil seem to be coming from?

7. Ameen2316

Ameen2316 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2019
    It’s coming from the bottom right behind the fan. That is where the most oil/build up is. It is not the crankcase breather though as I recently had that changed. So it’s not that tube that drops down.

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    That area is close the oil filter/cooler module, but that is more on the right side towards the front. Front of the engine, but right side is more where the water pump is. We have seen egr cooler pipe start to leak at the front of the engine there and soot stains get all over especially when wet, then the water dries to make it appear like that. Might have to wash it good and just run it for 30 mins or so and see if you can find and follow a trail.

9. Ameen2316

Ameen2316 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Ok I’m gonna give her an engine wash today and see what I can find. I actually went to the dealer today and will be trading in the maxx for a 2015 Cummins with 300k mile range. Hopefully we can have some better luck with our next truck.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Even better idea, LOL!

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  11. Jonsered

Jonsered Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2017
    I have a problem with the A/C not working at idle. That seems to be an indicator.

12. GregU

GregU Bobtail Member

May 20, 2020
    So International doesn't offer the old seal and bearing for the clutch fan anymore on the 2013 Maxxforce 13. They want you to buy the conversion kit. Does any one have the part numbers off the old seal and bearing. International thinks I can get the parts just not through them.

Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs