Maxxforce 2012, 585.000 miles

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by The Iron Man, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I figured out after a few times that it was possible to reach through the passenger door gap to hit the power lock, but not the driver's. I unscrewed the antenna, bent it at just the right angle to reach the power lock switch on the passenger door, and reinstalled it just tight enough that it wouldn't come loose on its own, but I could still get it off. Saved me a few times until I was able to get a spare key cut at a dealer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    They were actually available with Cats in the early years. C15s, I think. I saw one that had been swapped with what I believe was an A-model 3406. Impressive. LOL

4. The Iron Man

The Iron Man Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2015
    That's defiantly my next project! Hope i get that far!

5. The Iron Man

Oct 17, 2015
    Yesterday i tried to pull a load up a very steep hill. It didn't have enough power to do it. So now I've got to throw more money into it. Thank god i didn't blow the engine

6. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    The 2013 I got was actually a pretty good truck. Only problem I ever had with it was the fuel lines at the tank transfer valve were incorrectly sequenced from the factory. Would run the passenger tank dry and suck air with the driver's side tank overflowing. Finally got it fixed once maintenance stopped saying I was nuts.

7. The Iron Man

Oct 17, 2015
    It's in the shop right now. Putting it on a alignment rack . hoping that's all it is

8. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    Keep in mind, if memory serves, these engines were only about a 9.5-liter in base form. There may have been an 11L version, but there was a later 13L version that was much better. Not sure if ProStars got the 11L as a base or not. If it doesn't have MaxxForce 13 badges however, it is likely the former. So don't expect much from it.

9. The Iron Man

Oct 17, 2015
    It is a 2012, i will need to find out if it is a 13 or a 13L

10. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    You mean 11 or 13. LOL. It is possible it has the 13, and had its hood taken off at some point.

11. The Iron Man

Oct 17, 2015
    I've got some research to do. Also to get 585.000 miles out of it. Some major work had to be done to it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.