Maxxforce constantly asking for Parked Regen

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by trulytex, Aug 5, 2018.

1. trulytex

trulytex Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Okeechobee, FL
    Last week I purchased a 2012 Prostar Day Cab with the Maxxforce 13 and 162,000 miles. It drove Bobtail the 100 miles from the IH dealership without issue. Now it is constantly asking for a Parked Regen, after the Parked Regen it will run for another 30 - 45 minutes and then asked for a Parked Regen again. I called the dealership and talked to the Service Director and he told me that this issue is usually caused by an Exhaust Leak or Intake Leak. Does this sound like a good place to start looking, or any other suggestions?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Flog it. There's a reason a 6 year old truck has such low miles. Shop Queen.

S M D, Diesel Dave, 06driver and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He lucked out; made it 100 miles before it crapped out.

5. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    Should of done your homework before the purchase!

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  6. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    100 miles isn't too bad for a 2012 prostate with a maxi pad in it ..... have you been in a cave for 6 years ?didn't you wonder why it was about half the price of even a freightliner? hopefully you got it cheap anyways ...

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  7. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I am sorry you bought that truck. Did you not know about their track record, the famous " max fart"? Don't know what else to say. I have no experience with that engine. Hope you can get some advice, besides a lot of "we coulda told ya". Good luck.

trulytex and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  8. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    most states have a 3 day lemon law now and you may be able to take it back dealer knows truck is a piece of shift but won't admit it to you that's obviously a preexisting condition but probably was sold as is where is. would definitely at least talk to the manager maybe they can put a bandaid fix on it ........ I know a couple of people who have the same truck and don't have much trouble but think that's rare

trulytex Thanks this.
  9. trulytex

trulytex Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Okeechobee, FL
    I have 5 other Pro Star Day Cabs and they have been pretty good. I have one Pro Star Sleeper truck and had a Regen Issue with it, but it was solved with a replacement Fuel Pump and ECM.
    And this truck had Low Miles because it was used by United Rental to pull a Drop Deck trailer to deliver Heavy Equipment locally around Miami. It was leased to them and maintained by the dealership since New. I have purchased a few of United Rental Pro Star trucks and have had good luck with them. I paid $18K for the truck with 162,000 miles, Headache Rack & Wet Line. The last one that I purchased 6 months ago had 126,000 Miles on it. I have put another 60,000 miles on it in 6 months and No Issues. I get a Full report on them and the dealer is good to me. My trucks pull Milk Tankers and the furthest my trucks get away from home is 116 miles and they drop & hook, so no long idle times which my research says is their weakness. So to answer an earlier question... Yes, I have done my Research and continue to learn every day. There are some applications where these trucks will work. And a nearly new truck for $18 grand makes it worth the headaches once you learn them. And if you have a helpful suggestion or diagnosis, I would be glad to hear it. If you have a Stupid Smart ### Comment, move on.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  10. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Stupid smart ### comments is all you will ever get when it comes to the Maxxforce. I would say read the codes if there are any and go from there. Maybe it’s time for dpf cleaning/replacement

bryan21384 and trulytex Thank this.
  11. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.