may be going to crowder august 22

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by blktop-bucanear, Jun 21, 2011.

1. blktop-bucanear

blktop-bucanear Medium Load Member

May 23, 2011
    transition
    I had my phone interview today. went well. looks like I will be signed up for august 22. have to get my permit and waiting for back ground to clear.

Wow! the thought of this becomeing reallity mis both exciteing and scary. time to actually put in my notice so conway can do my employment verification.

talking with recruiter, she recomends takeing my car to school then driveing back home drop it off,then take buss back to joplin for orientation.

any thoughts would be good. acar at school would be a good thing but kinda want to do orientation with my class. i asked if i could do orientation then hook up with trainer in VT she told me no.

is there anything around crowder or public trans?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blktop-bucanear

May 23, 2011
    transition
    up date: I gave my notice yesterday. takeing permit on thurs the 7th. hope i'm ready for this :biggrin_255:

4. joplinlocal

joplinlocal Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Joplin, MO
    There's really no need to bring your car to Joplin. Let Greyhound do the work on Conway's dime and save the gas money for more important things.

Neither Joplin nor Neosho have major public transportation systems. Joplin has a small system that consists of little buses... but it won't be of much use to you. Conway will shuttle you to and from the terminal to the hotel and shopping as needed.

While in Joplin at the terminal you'll stay a night or two at the Joplin Holiday Inn. It's the nicest hotel in Joplin and features an indoor pool, restaurant, and bar (though I doubt they want you visiting it). Several nice "upscale" restaurants and a Sam's Club are within walking distance. Tons of fast food places are located just a bit further to the west and north.

While you're at the Crowder school in Neosho you'll stay at the Booneslick Lodge. VERY NICE newer motel within walking distance of Walmart and several fast food restaurants.

Don't let the area where Joplin's Greyhound terminal is located fool you. That area of Joplin is a dump... but the areas you'll be in while you're here are very nice and safe.

blktop-bucanear Thanks this.
  5. blktop-bucanear

May 23, 2011
    transition
    but i am planning on attending school for 5 weeks not just boot camp. that is if i have not run into a snagg.:biggrin_2554:

joplinlocal Thanks this.
  6. joplinlocal

joplinlocal Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Joplin, MO
    I didn't realize you'll be here 5 weeks. Yeah... you'll probably want to drive your car to school. Chances are they'll have you staying in Neosho all that time. Definitely a nice town, but it's not very big and you'll want to get "away" on the weekends and have at least a little fun to break the tension up. Joplin has a mall and most of the "mainstream" stores. Springfield (Prime's "home")... about 70 miles due east of Joplin and Neosho... has "everything" and is a fun town to drive around and visit. I usually get over there about every other weekend and "pick" the flea markets.

blktop-bucanear Thanks this.
  7. blktop-bucanear

May 23, 2011
    transition
    well i had my second interview with Michell. actually my thirdshe had a comp glitch.

I had to send in some papers. every thing is a go!!:yes2557: I decided to take the buss. that way i do not have to come home and can started right away. besides if i have no car it will be harder to spend money i do not have lol.
    I just hope the heat breaks by then

8. Crzyseekr

Crzyseekr Light Load Member

May 26, 2011
    NV
    Glad to hear that it is all working out for you. If everything continues as it is for me, I will be there on the 26th of Sept. Man I cannot wait; I am really looking forward to a career change. With any luck I may even see you there. Keep us up to date and continued good luck to you!

blktop-bucanear and vmaggs Thank this.
  9. blktop-bucanear

May 23, 2011
    transition
    i am due to graduate on 9/23 but may see you in joplin during my orientation. good luck to you as well.:biggrin_25525:

vmaggs Thanks this.
  10. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Does everyone have to go to Joplin for Orientation?? I thought that I have read that some folks have gone to somewhere in Ohio for Orientation???

11. vmaggs

vmaggs Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Sarasota, Fl
    All recent student grads have to go to Joplin. Bootcamp is 5 days, Starts on a Monday and most people will be fully employed by the following Tuesday, then hit the road with a finisher for 7500 miles finally to be turned loose as a solo driver.

blktop-bucanear and HD_Renegade Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.