may be going to crowder august 22

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by blktop-bucanear, Jun 21, 2011.

1. blktop-bucanear

blktop-bucanear Medium Load Member

May 23, 2011
    transition
    today was not as good as the others. backing is easy till it gets too off track then it becomes hard lol it is easy to over correct then start weaveing. practice practice.

did a lane change that went pretty well.

I hooked my first trailer went like butter. the second one not so much:biggrin_25513:

we had some one from the rail road do a lecture on RR crossing safety. that was very educational

I got to drive the W900L again:biggrin_25520: she leaves soon. we are supossed to get 2 petes i look forward to that.

Monday we go on the road don't quite feel ready but I have no worries.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jjzora82

jjzora82 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2011
    just wondering for the backing part if you feel as though you get enough behind the wheel driving to practice?

4. blktop-bucanear

May 23, 2011
    transition

never enough:biggrin_25520: only second day of backing

5. vmaggs

vmaggs Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Sarasota, Fl
    You doing great don't sweat it, I know its easy to say but the first few drives are a bit hectic:biggrin_25521: and stressful but you'll start loving it and begging for road time. I'm finally feeling more confidant and things are falling into place. , keep up the good work.

blktop-bucanear Thanks this.
  6. Crzyseekr

Crzyseekr Light Load Member

May 26, 2011
    NV
    Hey Blktop -- I just talked to my family back in Bellows Falls and it sounds pretty ugly, Brattleboro is worse. Hopefully all of your family, friends, or what have you are safe and dry. If you have not already seen them there are numerous videos online. Flat Street is now a river. A bunch of the area bridges are now gone, traffic will be mucked up for sure.

7. blktop-bucanear

May 23, 2011
    transition

thanks ya every one is safe and good as far as i know, some shop owners are not as lucky but homes are ok

vmaggs Thanks this.
  8. blktop-bucanear

May 23, 2011
    transition
    week 2

monday monday I hate mondays lol

we started out on the sim again. lane changes. did ok got better then we did our first road trip. every body lived :biggrin_25522:. missed a few gears on the down shift. but overall not to bad.

then back to the sims again and lane change wen to poop :biggrin_25521: wish we had more time behind the wheel 9 people 2 simulators kinda sucks.

also we had 4 people in the truck it was too many.

well that's it for today time to do my loggs

9. blktop-bucanear

May 23, 2011
    transition
    had our first road test. did ok i passed. still issues with down shifting. took 1 corner a little to tight. need to watch the mirrors a bit more in the turns.

overall i felt good.

after lunch was back on the lane changes:biggrin_2556:. getting better i have a better understanding of the principle. still too slow and too many pull ups.
    but getting there.

Crzyseekr and zebcohobo Thank this.
  10. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    Way to go man! It's good to see your own improvement. It's a confidence builder. Keep up the good work bro.

11. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Just popping in to say that you have good teacher(s) at Crowder. I went there last year and had Darrin.....stopped in a couple of months ago when I was home and saw that John was doing the Boot Camp....if any of you smoke, give one to John and say it's from Anna....LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.