May get fired - Need advice please.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by garyg, May 18, 2012.

1. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Their past treatment of class A drivers is the reason they are hurting for them.

Gizmo_Man Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    If they handle it in typical Roehl fashion you'll either be gone, have to go back out with a trainer or be back solo soon. Not sure what's been going on there. Seen a Roehl driver last week at Loves. Trashed the rim and blew the tire on a brand new trailer. Only his second load out in his I'd like to add brand new truck. Tried to say a car full of girls cut him off but after he told me where it happened I knew what he actually did.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  4. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I trashed a brand new prostar. Had 3k miles on it. I was just honest with them. No harm, no foul.

Ethan

5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    You say it should have been seen during any vehicle inspection speaks loudly that you did a very fast if any pre-trip. Don't feel bad you're not alone most drivers fail to do a proper pre-trip anyway. The good that comes out of this mess is maybe you'll do a complete pre-trip and pay closer attention.

I would call the company and find out your status. At least you'll know if you have to start looking for another job. Whatever you do you need to start being more cautious to not only be safer but to protect yourself. It's better to tell the truth no matter what happens.

DrtyDiesel and Gizmo_Man Thank this.
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Oh come on now, Giz! You ain't got no enemies and ya know it!:biggrin_25525:

7. Gizmo_Man

Gizmo_Man Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hardly around
    I got maybe all of one, or two, or three, or more than four????:biggrin_25522:

8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  9. MustangMark83

MustangMark83 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Winter Haven, FL
    removed by moderator, name calling not necessary

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  10. garyg

garyg Bobtail Member

May 18, 2012
    minneapolis,MN
    Well I am being honest that I don't know what happened to the trailer and didn't do the proper pre trip/post trip.
    I understand where they are coming from that they think I am covering something up, but its frustrating and only myself to blame for not doing inspections.
    Thanks for the advice I will be asking them if they even saw this supposed video and ask if they've talked to previous drivers who had trailer.
    As far as contacting them now- they told me I'd hear something in 2 weeks..

tinytim Thanks this.
  11. Gizmo_Man

Gizmo_Man Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hardly around
    Well you certainly did learn a very valuable lesson, and many of us (including me) wish you well in your future. Never take anything for granted when switching out trailers.

In my particular situation, my trailer stays with me 100% of the time, up until the point and time I have to swap it with another driver, who then takes it back to the home terminal for repairs. So if there is ever any damage to my trailer?? They know I did it, or it happened while in my possession.

I only go to 3 stops each night, and I fuel up 3 times a week. All the places I go to?? Hardly anything for me to hit, well unless those parked cars in Boston are in my way!!!!..LOL

SO learn from this, always do a PROPER pre/post trip, report ALL damages, real quick.

What I used to do to was this, if the damage "looked old"??? I would write it up as, "what appears to be old damage" and describe where it was.

If it was fresh, I would write, "what appears to be fresh damage", and describe where it is.

Gotta cover yer butt every day out here.

Good luck, hope you make out well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.