May get fired - Need advice please.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by garyg, May 18, 2012.

1. mustanglover

mustanglover Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Jersey city,New Jersey
    My advice is what someone said earlier make them show u video get the maitnence reports and previous pre trip reports if they cant give u all that get them to take it off ur dac

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    Not all on the same day I hope!

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I just reread this thread. One thing that wasn't mentioned was the damage was supposedly on video tape. Now if a camera mounted on an overhang or in a guard shack window can see $10K worth of damage, why couldn't the driver see it? It would be on the drivers side. Even with out a pretrip inspection a glance of the side you would see it. You do crank up landing gear. I can't see how you didn't see it.

With side separation it was dragged against something while turning too quick.

5. Traveler51

Traveler51 Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    Dude, sorry, but three strikes you're out!

6. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    There's no guarantee that the damage was on the driver's side. A consignee could have multiple cameras set up to protect themselves from damages like this being pushed their way.

I think the fact tha the OP missed the damage is a dead horse. He's admitted his mistake, lost his job and probably has moved on.

7. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Get your own Operating Authority, get a used truck and trailer and screw ALL of those Big companys'. Don't work for anyone!

8. Traveler51

Traveler51 Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    Good idea except for the cost of insurance... gotta cover the rig!

9. Sly Fox

Sly Fox Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2009
    When you do drop-n-hooks with company trailers, you really have to look around the exterior thoroughly to make sure someone else isn't pawning off their damage. I don't know how much fresh yellow paint I've found on side rails, or grooves, gouges, or rub marks from trees, fences, etc on the side walls on trailers I've picked up. A simply voice mail, qualcomm, or email should suffice to time stamp when you found the damage on picking up trailer to CYA.

Also, take some pics if it looks really fresh. I always have my phone with me and took hundreds of pics of trailers, of which I've never needed it. But, it time stamps it and I can say "this was the condition of the trailer when I picked it up" in accordance with the QC message I sent in if there is any discrepency.

Traveler51 and Big Don Thank this.
  10. Dunnyscrewball

Dunnyscrewball Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Okay, I think everyone that responded to this post forgot the 'Duh' factor that I was a trucker when this all happened. No, these accidents did not happen on the same day. It was not in my plans to report any of those accidents, but with live witnesses directly related to the trouble I caused being right there, I couldn't really get out of not reporting them. Anyways, I want to know how garyg is collecting unemployment, as I am trying to do

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.