May idle policy

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by GWG, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    yeah... they have good equipment... and... stuff lol. Whats gonna make or break ya, is your DM... you get a DM that doesn't know her ### from her head and you're screwed. Don't just take what they say as gospel, it seems nowadays you will have more experience than your DM which is kinda sad. that 'manager' title doesn't mean they know squat. so dont just do what they tell you, especially from night and weekend dispatch, they don't give a rats behind about you, so if you need something, demand it, dont ask, and if you dont get it just tell them you aint moving until you get it. they will run you dry without a care in the world, and then its your fault... been there, done that. just stay positive, run, be ontime, do what you're supposed to do and get your experience, you will learn for yourself if that is where you want to be long term or not, no one else can tell you that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    So Blue, how do you get a decent DM that knows their stuff?

4. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    you don't have a choice

5. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    ouch. Ok. Luck of the draw.

6. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Yes you do, if your dm isn't worth a pile of crap, you talk to the ocm and get another one if the problem doesn't get fixed

GWG Thanks this.
  7. Blue02celi

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    maybe after you been there for a bit ^.^ and then when you do find one, the way they go thru DM's you'll be gettin tossed around like a hot potato. 4 DM's in 12 months....

8. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Thats only denver. I knowpretty much all the dms in brooks layton and payette are the same from when I stated in 2010

9. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Hey thanks for all the info. I'm having a hard time deciding. May, Prime, Celadon, jBS Carriers, Swift, GTI. Any thoughts guys? Thanks.
    G MAN

10. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    I heard prime is good. I only worked for May OTR. Jbs is hauling meat lots of time spending at meat plants. Celadon havent heard much good bout them. I chose may because I don't wanna team with a stranger thats what you'll do at all of those training.

11. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Got it. Then how did you get your training at May? Don't you have to go out with a may trainer for a period of time before you can qualify for solo?
    Overall, how's the equipment at may? Has their idle policy been a problem for you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.