May Trucking: My experience

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 19, 2011.

1. shastamedic

shastamedic Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Redding,California
    Is May going to hire in the Redding area again. I was told they aren't now. I like what I have read about them here and would like to see if they are interested in me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Only way to know for sure is to call the Recruiting
    office in Brooks and ask, plead, beg, threathen to call every hour or worse and get the straight scoop.....

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah I'm not sure if the Truck Driving Schools want it publicized that those with young kids or newly married really should think twice about getting into this vocation. Most of these schools are like puppy mills ;-)

5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Btw, for those reading here do a Youtube search for "Bobby Boofay" 24 hr truck driving school. It's a pretty darn funny spoof.

6. BIGBUDDY29

BIGBUDDY29 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MONTROSE,CO
    WATCH THE BOBBY BOOFAY SUPER SUPER DUPER DIESEL FLUID, ROFLMAO, I LIKE THE BLINKER FLUID.:biggrin_2559:

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  7. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Is that like muffler bearing grease ?????:biggrin_255:

8. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey, ya never know... :wink:

Just a few years ago folks would have laughed their arse off if you said something about exhaust fluid.

9. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

True, very true
    and i still go "HUH" when i hear about it...

10. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    On average may trucking companies teachers have 7 years of experience with 900,000 accident free miles (I dislike saying trainer because you train a animal not a human being, it is be littling) there are newer teachers that may trucking company sees as exceptional drivers. If they don't cut the muster or get complaints may will remove them from the program (teaching is a privilage) I have put 2 million miles behind me and have coached over 200 men in person, 90 % of which i have worked with are still trucking ( and millions more virtually ). I can personaly assure you there is no company with a better system that produces successful drivers.

Civilservant and maldaddy Thank this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Steve, you need to set Cindy straight then. She sent out an appeal on Friday looking for drivers who would be interested in becoming "trainers".

Ruff ruff.... ;-)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.