May Trucking: My experience

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Hosss, this industry wil be a real eye opener for you!

I would love to be your trainer, however, I just recently quit May Trucking. I'm going to work for a company that runs a specific lane I want to run. I should be home 3 to 4 nights a week sleeping in my own bed with my beautiful wife of 32 years ;-)

I ran hard and long for 2 years and just hit a wall. I need to be home more now. So, am venturing out to something new. As I have previously stated, May has been a great company to break into the industry with. Since I'm relatively new to trucking, I felt it would be advantageous for me to launch out and experience how someone else operates their trucking company as well.

Try and take everything in stride Hosss. The first few mos are going to be frustrating at times. There's not a whole lot you are going to be able to change in this business or how this company does things. You can change your attitude as you encounter challenges though.

Good luck! I will continue to check in here from time to time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mrbigmann

mrbigmann Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2011
    A F UTAH
    I really want to thank all of you May drivers and driver trainers for this thread and the many others on this site, I recently spoke to May and was offered. 42 CPM, a $ 3000 sign on bonus, a new truck and the ability to train for an additional. 10 CPM You honest ,truthfull drivers have given me cause to think long and hard about making the switch as I am currently on a dedicated drop and hook run 3200 miles a week and home 20 every week for my 34 reset. I would not even consider the position unless they guaranteed me 3000 miles a week and from what I gather from reading all the post here NOBODY gets 3000 miles a week ...and THANKS for the nursery stock/Christmas tree memories (nightmares) ....I could not / would not ever do those loads been there done that ! !! THANKS for saving me .You all ROLLSAFE and if you see SUN Products out of SLC truck # 270 RUNNING I-80. Holler at KOOL-Aide on 19 and I will stop and buy you a cup.....its the least I can do.

4. Spokester

Spokester Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Port Angeles, WA
    My recruiter has finished processing everything and is sending my papers to their final destination. Hopefully it will come through and I can get to the driving part! Seems like May will be a good place to stick a foot in the door, and I'm glad for the opportunity. Thankfully, as a single man with no home time requirements, I can run for weeks at a time with no stress and just enjoy it!

Look forward to meeting The May Trucking folks... See you all on the road!

5. jpwatts

jpwatts Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Howdy Scooter - Are you still driving for May? I'm in the same place you were in a couple years ago, my industry went south and I need a new job. I used to drive flatbed for Werner but had to stop about 8 years ago, it was killing my family.

All the kids are out of the house now and I want to drive again. Any advice? I'm going for my physical this week and hopefully will have the CDL back very soon. I'd like to drive for May - Perhaps even train with you! LOL Cheers, John

6. hosss

hosss Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2011
    longview washington
    hey just an update
    went with a may trainer that was a real a hole [texting tom]
    glad that happened
    i now drive for earl l henderson in ill.
    more money in training[600-1000 per week in training mode]
    min . 3000 miles a week since and will be traing in spring for big bucks.
    my trainer made 3-4000 a week with me
    oh and 70 mph trucks[2012 cascadia's] with inverters and apu's
    i pass may trucks all the time and feel sorry for them.
    if you go with earl, pm me and i might get money for referals

7. Diletto

Diletto Bobtail Member

May 31, 2012
    irvine,ca
    Thanks. Sound like you know what your talking about. I have an app with May. I just got licensed 8/3/12.

8. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Good Luck!

9. jcdi4u

jcdi4u Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Are you still with them?

10. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    nah, scooter left a while ago
    most the active people on here now are prior employees, tho there are some new drivers posting up now that have just started

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.