May Trucking where you want to be

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BigRigBros48, Jul 29, 2009.

1. BigRigBros48

BigRigBros48 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    queen creek, arizona
    you only get 350 a week to train but unlike other companies you are making money after 2 weeks, so its not a bad deal. i cant stay on but i will post more tommorow

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan

Trucker steve and Whiteline films kick ###. I like his new cb rambo vid. And the cb rambo one he does with eskimo sean.

BigRigBros48 and beboppinbigun1 Thank this.
  4. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..from the MTC web site..

May Trucking Company Offers:
    Driver Training Program
    3 Day Orientation (travel, lodging and meals covered)
    Affordable Medical/Dental Insurance

$350.00
    Per Week To Train

Tuition
    Reimbursement

30¢
    After Training
    Then
    31¢ at 6 Months
    32¢ at 12 Months
    & ½ ¢ Raise Every Six Months after that.

.. found out from the local CDL school here May isn't offering pre-hires right now so they're probably not hiring any CDL school graduates, but that's just my quess..

BigRigBros48 Thanks this.
  5. Drive-a-Mack

Aug 13, 2007
    ..hey trucker Steve, you outta know better, that's a $97 fine here in Oregon for not havin' your seat belt fastened!

6. Mountain Spirit

Mountain Spirit Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    BigRig - Thanks, I am looking forward to the info.

Mack - Thanks

Do either of you know if they orient. out of Denver? Or do I have to travel somewhere?

As far as Denver goes - they did not send out a pre-hire, but they seem interested in bringing in people from schools - they came to my school once a week to recruit.

7. Mortis

Mortis Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    East Central illinois
    Peanut Butter, you sir will hear alot of good, bad and Fugly things about any to all companies, in trucking or not. Even I have some horror stories to tell, the only way i am going to get back into trucking is WHEN i take a drug treatment program, no thanks to Crap Rolling England putting a "failed drug test" on my dac. I never refused nothing due to the fact that the companies shuttle was packed with other drivers wanting to go to the mall, movie theater or to the nearest grocery store. To make a long story short, i got to take a drug treatment program here where i live, minimum of 90 days, in order to obtain proof that i am seeking help for this "imaginary" problem i have. I will come clean and state it: "I never touched any illegal drug since october 10, 2002", 5 months before i went through CDL training school and i have been clean since, i do not know about any other CDL license holder, i cherish my CDL and i will do almost anything to get back into a truck.

8. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    I spoke to a May recruiter yesterday. The may not be doing pre-hires, but they are hiring recent grads.

BigRigBros48 and The Challenger Thank this.
  9. BigRigBros48

Jul 11, 2009
    queen creek, arizona
    yeah may is hiring, they are NOT prehiring but if your in school they will accept your application for employment 2 weeks before you graduate... NO EARLIER!!! they are not on a freeze, but it is def good to know some one that works for them and use them as a reference. Thats what i did, and it will help you out alot if you have one of there current employees speak highly of you! Do not give up, the best companies are usually the most difficult to start out in but all you have to do is have connections, and you will be gold. I am good friends with Youtube's TruckerSteve, and he is my inside guy to may trucking. I keep seeing these people put his videos on here so im sure alot of forum readers know of him.
    Good luck to all. if you have any other questions dont be afraid to ask....

10. BigRigBros48

Jul 11, 2009
    queen creek, arizona
    oh and yeah they do train out of denver, they also train out of Phoenix AZ, Pennsicola Fl, Payette ID, Layton UT, and Brooks Oregon where there main headquarters is. so yeah if your from denver you should be golden.
    Good luck my fellow truckers!

11. Drive-a-Mack

Aug 13, 2007
    .. pre-hires are used to qualify for CDL student grants here in Oregon now so May opted out of that, but yes it makes sense they would still have the option to hire CDL grads.. I stand corrected on this one thank you.. :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.