May ??

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by redstar, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Yup but I wouldn't wait nine months, I was there only 4 months and moved on to greener pastures and after a couple job hops was making $50K+ a year home daily hauling chips. Just left the chip haul job for an end dump gig making more, should be about $65K but not home every night. No sleeper though, a few nights a week in motel 6 or Super 8 and home early Fridays with Sat & Sun off every week. Oh! and I got an old school Pete with a 475hp CAT/18 speeds that can roll 80mph or better lol. So yeah get your training at May and as soon as you solo out start doing research on your next move. The possibilities are endless and it may take a few moves to get to a good place, I never stop exploring the possibilities myself. [​IMG]

CaliforniaJellyroll Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    You're staying in Super 8's and I'm supposed to be impressed? ;-)

4. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Hey it's pretty nice actually,clean and a good bed and shower,breakfast bar too. The best thing however is the bossman pays for it lol.

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah, best thing about their breakfast bar is the fruit loops cereal.

6. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    I like the waffles.

7. Lawdog71

Lawdog71 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Thatcher/Tremonton UT
    Have you checked out Jjim Palmer? After recently talked to a recruiter there, WKSH has slipped #2 for me and JPup to #1. They allow dogs of any shape and size, no breed restriction (just not vicious), no pet deposits or other costs associated with a pet. I am currently down in San Diego but will be putting my house on market and getting out this forsaken-state....looking at WA (no income tax), ID or UT. Then getting my CDL and my K-9 and I getting on the road (of course after initial co training).

CaliforniaJellyroll Thanks this.
  8. CaliforniaJellyroll

CaliforniaJellyroll Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    Jim Palmer / Wil Trans doesn't have a terminal near enough... I do still have a home base, sort of, that I need to come back to for the next year or so. But don't want to shift the direction of the thread away from May too much.

Lawdog71 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.