Maybe a silly question but you keep a printer in truck for BOL & scan it to Broker or shipper?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by RussianBearTruckeR, Jul 20, 2019.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I also vote for CamScanner app. It's free and works awesome. I send all my paperwork in with it. I do have a brother printer under the bunk but that's only for printing my logs off every day. Never really use it to scan anything.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Nothing wrong with that. It's the only way to do it imo this is the 21st century paperwork ought to be easy and quick. The quicker you turn in a POD the sooner you get paid. It only takes about a minute to do it in your cab. Saves you a bunch of headache and hassle having to drag papers home for someone else to waste time dealing with.

Rideandrepair and Dino soar Thank this.
  4. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    All in one printer and laptop , takes a couple of minutes but easy to do .

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    I just recently put a printer back in the truck because I started doing more oversize loads and it became a pain. I’ve had a printer/scanner in the truck for most of the time since 2003. I had a dedicated fax cell phone line in the truck too, before the e fax services came out. Laser printers work the best but are power hogs. Ink jets dry up in the heat.

6. roadmap65

roadmap65 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2015
    If you have an Iphone you have a built in scanner in Notes . I also use cam scanner. 9409C198-E9FF-4761-80DA-E10363477F24.jpeg

Rideandrepair, PE_T and fortycalglock Thank this.
  7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I do 98% of my business from my iPhone 7 Plus. A good smartphone camera is crucial if you want to avoid using a printer scanner. I also use the CamScanner app.

I use my cheap all-in-one printer to print trip sheets and updated documents for my permit folder. Just recently I used my printer to make some copies of some BOLs where the shipper only gave me one copy. Receivers don’t like it when you only have one copy.

Rideandrepair and stayinback Thank this.
  8. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I never needed a printer in the truck until you drive with paper logs.

White-out the date/time printed in BOL, scan the bill, print it out. Ready to roll driver.

-sarcasm

Maybe.

D.Tibbitt and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Bought a brand new laptop a couple yrs ago, to go with my printer.Got an iPhone a month later, have yet to use laptop or printer. I get home, print all confirmations, file away with BOL. All email now, no more fax. Beats the old way. Fill out contracts, everything, pay ifta, post on ttr, Lol all with an iPhone.

PE_T Thanks this.
  10. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

There is also the iFax app that helps with sending and receiving faxes for rare occasions. And if you have Verizon or AT&T on an iPhone, man, you’re unstoppable! Hahaha.

11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    One thing at a time. Lol. I only adapt when it’s necessary, Once I figure it out, it’s great. I’m surprised it doesn’t have a built in tazer, That would be cool.

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.