MC NUMBER WANTED

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by ron45, Nov 18, 2015.

1. PALOU

PALOU Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2013
    OTR
    I see..
    So if I get it right....in a near future everybody will have own authority since they don't accept applications for dot only?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    That is the way I understand it. You used tô get a dot number for free, and if you wanted authority, then it cost 300 and you also got an MC number, but no more,

4. absolutetrucking

absolutetrucking Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Yes there will be a change, most probably but NOT DEFINITELY IN SEPTEMBER. MC numbers will be replaced by URS number system - more money more safety, electronic log books and tough compliance, so brace yourself for a nasty surprise. Nothing in this world got cheaper or better with passage of time - only diesel - for now, but for how long? I will have an active California Brokerage spotlessly clean MC number with or without the business for sale, email me at absolutetrucking001@gmail.com

5. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
  6. absolutetrucking

Jun 16, 2016
    It's a free country - all information that is in public domain can be checked and double checked. If I were buying anything over $5000 - I would rather retain a lawyer than stick my nose up rat's behind. You will smell that - which you are nosing.

7. absolutetrucking

Jun 16, 2016
    Also wouldn't hurt your nose to use your eyes and read up on the new URS system and see what it holds in store, using your eyes you may learn something, rather than smell something. All information is in the public domain go to FMCSA web site once you get a computer.

TmGM Thanks this.
  8. absolutetrucking

Jun 16, 2016
    • New Applicants:URS Phase One impacts only new registration applicants, who will be required to use the URS online registration application as of December 12, 2015. Only the initial registration by new applicants will be done using the URS online registration application until 2016.To get started with URS, click here.
    • Already registered with FMCSA:All other aspects of the URS regulation, including the new fee structure, will roll out during a later phase. All existing entities with a USDOT, MC, or FF number, or combinations of them will continue to use existing agency forms and processes to conduct updates, seek additional registration authorities, make administrative filings, and other registration related transactions, until September 30, 2016. The requirement for all existing private hazmat and exempt for-hire carriers to have proof of financial responsibility in place will take effect December 31, 2016. The requirement for all existing private and exempt carriers to have BOC-3 filings in place will take effect December 31, 2016. New applicants will begin providing this information September 30, 2016.

9. absolutetrucking

Jun 16, 2016
    Jesus Harold Christ, people half read and half understand the simplest instructions - FMCSA has devoted pages and pages to the new URS system - it is for NEW REGISTRANTS, it doesn't say anywhere that the old MC numbers are being abolished, discontinued, or anything similar. Of course that many shallow thinking brokers will look up each carrier's history and decide to offer the load at this price per mile, or that price per mile, depending on the carrier's safety, longevity, amount of cargo insurance, etc. etc. CH Robinson has been in the business since 1908 and naturally their MC begins with a 1 - they too will look for endurance and safety record - otherwise the carrier is relegated to some account rep kid whose job is to pay carrier as little as possible (under the pretext "it's a recent MC number, there are issues with your log books in May 2012, etc. etc.) Why should CH Robinson look after carrier's interest - all brokers will first protect their own profits and interest.

The new URS system may be simpler to get, but by all means will be a lot more demanding and more costly - there is no way that Yusen, JB Hunt, CH Robinson, or CEVA ground, FEDEX ground will favor a new company with 8 trucks over an older company with 25 trucks. Schneider and JB Hunt will not even consider working with carrirs who have less than 22 trucks.

If you think MC numbers are crap, try not taking freight from TQL, but instead get well paid freight from CEVA ground, FEDEX ground, Pepsi logistics, CR England, LINQ, Schneider, Schenker, Forward Air, Saddle Creek, Echo, Redwood, Yusen - see how far that sap story gets you with serious brokers. I don't even know if there are more than 5 persons who knows the difference between undesirable brokers as opposed to well paying brokers with good linehauls and backhauls - yet everybody is full of opinions and baseless speculations (I heard from a friend, who knows a friend.....). Get serious about trucking - this is hard work it's not ballet. When you operate a manual pallet Jack with a single pallet of 8000, you get a clearer head.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  10. absolutetrucking

Jun 16, 2016
    Is it true that you get pulled over more often if your rig is red?

11. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    I would love to no more about that!????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.