McElroy Truck Lines - Cuba, Al.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by XL, May 8, 2006.

1. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Notarps, you out there? Been following ya for awhile and you seem to know a lot about all things skateboard. You're overall opinion on McElroy?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. beancounter

beancounter Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Greenville, MI
    Just put in an on-line app and was called by a recruiter last week with McElroy. Does anybody know if they're hiring rookies out of NC yet?

4. helmintoller

helmintoller Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Roxboro, NC

I just got approved today, will be in Pleasant Hill, NC Monday for orientation.

5. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Sweet. Keep us posted.

6. MD STEELERS FAN

MD STEELERS FAN Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    helmintoller, How are things going?

7. bmanhere4u

bmanhere4u Bobtail Member

May 29, 2011
    fnlou88 sounds like an insider at MTL. For every negative comment someone has, he has two postive things to say about MTL. Plus if you look at his postings carefully you will notice he/she responds like a company recruiter. Seems he/she is trying to reject any negative image of the company. Just something to think about.

8. fnlou88

fnlou88 Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA
    bmanhere4u,

I get an email everytime someone makes a post in this thread. I have not posted in this thread in quite a long time because if you would take the time to look at my profile, you will clearly see that I used to be a DRIVER for McElroy. I am now currently employed as a DRIVER for Bluelinx Corp.

I am not (and never was) an "insider", and during my 2 and 1/2 years with them they treated me fairly well. The only reason I left McElroy is because I accepted a job to drive locally to be home for my family. Although I still have occasional phone chats with a few current McElroy drivers (and see a few of them at mutual customers occasionally), I can offer no current information about that company because It has been nearly a year since I worked for them. OK?

Your paranoia was a little amusing to read however :biggrin_2559:

9. beancounter

beancounter Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Greenville, MI
    Just received approval for orientation at MTL starting July 5. Could get in earlier, but I don't graduate from JCC until June 24.

MD STEELERS FAN Thanks this.
  10. MD STEELERS FAN

MD STEELERS FAN Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    Good Luck!!! Please keep us posted on orientation and training please looking to go there myself.

11. tourqe

tourqe Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2011
    lenoir N.C
    My opinion only but i think a company that tells you they have christian morals you better look out ...that absolutely has nothing to do with your work ...true christians dont have to tell you what they are you can see their faith

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.