McElroy Truck Lines - Cuba, Al.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by XL, May 8, 2006.

1. mohogan

mohogan Bobtail Member

May 2, 2009
    Manchester, Tn
    I have an app in process with McElroy now. Hope to hear something by the end of the week. Last day of school was today.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Sorry. I just now saw this. Overall not a bad company. Home on weekends or they pay you I think 150 bucks if you stay out. Several years back I was an admin on another trucking site. There was a new student on there who was looking for help. I suggested mcelroy. I also picked his handle that he uses to this day. He went on to be a trainer with them. I have met him a few times in truck stops for dinner and coffee. Heck of a nice guy. He went on to be their safety director. He called me a week or two ago and said he was going back out as a trainer. He talks very highly of them.

I also know a couple drivers from where I live that is with them. They are happy there as well.

4. mohogan

mohogan Bobtail Member

May 2, 2009
    Manchester, Tn
    Got the call today. Unless something changes, I'll be heading to orientation on the 18th. Now the nerves set in, but it's exciting at the same time.:biggrin_25520:

5. brar

brar Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2011
    CA

Good luck!!

6. lpgp

lpgp Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Alabama

Cool!! Keep us informed if you dont mind!!? Good luck!

7. StreetShark

StreetShark Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Statesville, NC
    Anyone know if there is a physical test in orientation or after training. I don't want to get disqualified b/c of blood pressure or something. Thanks.

8. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Your BP will be found out when you take your mandatory FMCSA physical every 2 years and before they give you a truck. If you have a BP problem you need to get with your own doctor and have him set you up with a program to get that BP down and managed.

Don't waste the companies time and money by taking their bus ride to orientation and the first day having to take the bus home!

9. BPD3

BPD3 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Gadsden, Alabama
    I am about to start in a cdl school, and after on this site for about two months (lot of great threads about the good and bad in the industry & companies). I have come up with a shortlist of companies to try and start out with. McElroy is hitting near the top of the list. This has been one of the best threads I have read yet.:biggrin_25519:

10. jda913

jda913 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Santee, Sc
    does McElroy do any NYC loads, ive been waiting for them to verify my previous employment for a couple days now and i guess when everything clears ill be going to there orientation

11. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    You're generally correct - it's been my experience that companies who garner business by touting their Christian beliefs usually don't practice what they preach.

In McElroy's case, It seems to me that they are doing their best to avoid attracting applicants who know that their lifestyle doesn't particularly mesh well with company culture.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.