McElroy Trucking.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JakeiseT, Jul 4, 2014.

1. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    Might have possibly read the OP post wrong," wasn't sure how far back the hair tests goes back" would lead me to follow up with a "why does that matter question" and this isn't a blood pressure test where being nervous will affect the results. But not being clean far enough back might make someone nervous. Should have maybe posted the "do they give a follicle test at this company" first before he went to fill out an application. Again my 2 Pennies worth.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Write a letter to the CEO of the company and tell him what you've told us. Offer to take another drug test at your own expense. That shows them that you're sincere. If you test negative they should give you another shot at the job.

I think you got a bad deal but there's really nothing that we can do for you.

4. rda2580

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    Good advice and let us know how this works out for you JakeisT. Should be able to get a second chance if not try someone else, from what is posted here McElroy sounds like a good place to start with.

JakeiseT Thanks this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I agree, but personally, I wouldn't take the job if it were offered.

Chinatown, OPUS 7 and JakeiseT Thank this.
  6. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    As far as I know AL is an "at will" state; you can be fired for any reason or no reason. Honesty is commendable; HOWEVER you....YOU volunteered information that you had no reason to. "Mr. David" is not your friend, counselor, or clergyman. You have no cause to bare your soul and volunteer information as you did.

OPUS 7, joseph1135, Chinatown and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    If you go apply for a job that requires a drug screen and then admit to someone that works
    for the company that your worried about the
    possibility that you might fail the test because
    of previous illegal drug use they where %100
    right to send you home. When they hire you they
    accept all liability for your actions when your on
    duty operating their equipment. Unfortunately honesty is not always the best course of action.
    Just go apply for another job and keep your mouth shut. If you did not fail the test they cant
    say anything about it. Its your word against the
    man you admitted it to. If they they released that
    kind of information about you with no proof you
    can sue them for libel. Better luck next time.

Wild Murphy and JakeiseT Thank this.
  8. JakeiseT

JakeiseT Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I understand where you are coming from also rda2580. My real name is on this profile and I'm not ashamed of my shortcomings. The only thing I can do about them is to fix them, and that's the stage I'm in at this point. I think you are still missing the point that this man used what I told him as ammo to get me out. Why? Because I was concerned about my test that came back negative? Remember he told me my hair follicle was positive that's the only reason I'm on this forum.

9. JakeiseT

JakeiseT Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Final: Yes he did have all the right to not hire me, and yes I did trust a man with valuable information that temporarily affected me. My post was to let future applicants no that this man lied to me thinking that I would not check behind him, and find out the true facts that my results were not positive but Negative. I appreciate everyone's opinion about the situation.

10. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    You got a decent attitude..........chalk this up to experience..........and go get you another job. There's plenty out there.

JakeiseT and Air Breeze Thank this.
  11. rda2580

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    Not really telling you how I think you should go about getting the support you need here! Be cautious on what you do say here though is all I would advise. To say that's all the reason to come on this forum for me seems suspicious. Just for the record i've gained a ton of valuable information from this forum and still do to this day. Hopefully you can do some more reading here and find some for yourself. And hope you do get this resolved or find another carrier.

Wild Murphy, OPUS 7 and JakeiseT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.