McIntosh car audio

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Maj. Jackhole, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Looking for audiophile grade car audio and came across some McIntosh head units, amps, and speakers I was unaware they had dabbled in car audio. Question is, have any of you experience with any of the McIntosh car audio line? Would love to put together a system of high end quality sound for the truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Anything is possible. I saw a guy use a computer tower and hook it to his head unit before.

Maj. Jackhole and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  4. Maj. Jackhole

Mar 19, 2017
    Different McIntosh. This one jas been making high end home equipment long before apple.
    mx406.jpg

rabbiporkchop and mhyn Thank this.
  5. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Most everything comes from overseas and just has a name stamped on it. I would stay with mobile names, like Clarion, Blaupunkt, Pioneer, etc. Amps are a choice of money. Hifonics, Fosgate, Orion are good names. For midrange JBL, Altec, Pyle, etc. For subs Cerwin-Vega, Kicker, JL audio, etc. 10s for tight bass, 12s for bumping.

Maj. Jackhole and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I had McIntosh in a couple cars. The amps are worth every penny (the ones with the glass covers). I forget but my last 5 Channel had an amazing S/N ratio I paired it with the copper chassis Sony, eton separates, and 12” McIntosh sub in my M5. It sounded so good it would make you want to cry.

Arc audio is also a favorite of mine. They make a 5-Channel amp that will blow your mind.

Most of my info is 6-7 years old. Take it with a grain of salt...and you get what you pay for.

Pioneer makes great head units. They’re indestructible compared to blaupunkt.

alds and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Apple makes high end audio equipment?

8. Maj. Jackhole

Mar 19, 2017
    No. This McIntosh is out of England mostly known for the tube amps they manufacture.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  9. Maj. Jackhole

Mar 19, 2017
    While out on the road I find I miss listening to high quality sounding music the most.
    I used to love Blaupunkt until they started the out of house manufacturing.

otterinthewater Thanks this.
  10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Everyone does it now. You could have several brands coming down the same assembly line at various times. Only difference is the price of components.

11. Maj. Jackhole

Mar 19, 2017
    Blaupunkt when they outsourced allowed a noticeable lapse of quality losing longterm loyal customers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.