Mclane VS Reinhart

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Marky84, Jul 22, 2019.

1. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Sygma tried to pull that stunt on me when I was looking for my first foodservice gig. The location I applied for was at a drop lot, so they wanted me to drive to the distribution center 250 miles away for the interview. No extra compensation or anything.

Marky84 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ashendo

Ashendo Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2019
    How many hrs a day do you work? What time do you guys start? I take home 900$ weekly in a drop and hook job? Do you think it can be worth going to food service from that type of job?

4. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    What’s with these companies, ADM wanted me to do the same thing. Drive all the way to Decatur, Ill just for the interview, told them I’d pass.

5. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    You want to work for a company that isn't headquartered just up the road you're going to have to drive to an interview. What do you expect, the TM to drive down to you for an interview?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    No I expect to interview at the God ###### location I applied at. Ya know, the place with the office and managers and where the trucks are parked.

Last company I worked for was headquartered in California. I don’t recall them having me come there for the interview. You been living under a rock or something?

jmz Thanks this.
  7. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    What kind of ridiculous logic is that? We’re truck drivers, not executive Vice Presidents. If I apply to be a Walmart driver out of a DC in California, I’m not going to make my way to Bentonville, Arkansas for the interview. I expect to interview at the same location I applied to, unless they ask me to go somewhere else reasonably close (like if I apply to a warehouse but they want to interview me at the sales office across town).

Mack185 Thanks this.
  8. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Maybe headquartered isn't there right word. I've worked a couple of jobs though, where I work(ed) out of a satellite yard, where management was either non existent or wasn't high enough up the food chain to make the hiring decisions. Traveling to the major dc/operations center for the interview and possibly for training is just how it works. If you don't like it, that's fine, there are plenty of drivers to take this jobs who won't be whining about such a minor inconvenience in order to get a good job.

FlaSwampRat and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  9. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Well in my instance with Sygma, they offered to have me interview at the satellite location but said it could be a few weeks before someone was available out there. They called me back 6 weeks later to try and set up an interview, at which point I had already started working for US Foods. So evidently there weren’t plenty of drivers lined up and eager to drive 4 hours away at their own expense just for an interview.

10. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Waiting six weeks to set up an interview doesn't sound like they are desperate for drivers. Sounds like they have plenty of applicants but they would have thrown you into the pool while they were in the area.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Sure it does. They expected to have applicants drive up for an interview, then started to get desperate when they still hadn't been able to fill the position after all that time.

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.